Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie looking for help/opinions please!
RE: Newbie looking for help/opinions please!
(08-08-2017, 01:15 PM)bonjour Wrote: leave it alone,  let's see what the EPR adjustment does.  We are trying to raise the min pressure not keep it the same.

Best results thus far on my CPAP journey! the large leaks are mainly down to deliberately lifting the mask to scratch an itch. Snore graph and pressure graph look so different , feel like I'm homing on in my ideal settings now!

So do i tinker any further , was thinking off turning off EPR all together , what effect would that have? also i didn't wear the small collar I've got last night. Got another one due in the post but I'm not convinced I'm neck tucking much when I'm asleep.

Anyway see below guys for last nights SH data and tell me what you think!

Regards

Buck

[Image: 3hDxL8p.png]

[img]blob:http://imgur.com/03b9c7fe-a4a6-46b0-af7a-efca1e5fab1a[/img]
[img]blob:http://imgur.com/d9f268e2-518c-4ba1-a283-ad335cf5df25[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is in the range, a Dr would say nice job, you are treated.  Personally I would keep this (write the numbers down) as your go to base (right now this IS working) and leave it alone for 7 days, see what happens, then make SMALL tweaks, one at a time.  Assuming you hold roughly this for the week the first I would try is to eliminate EPR, the next would be a slight increase in your minimium, either .2 or .4 cmH2O, nothing more.  This is tweaking.

Sleep-well
Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 06:51 AM)bonjour Wrote: This is in the range, a Dr would say nice job, you are treated.  Personally I would keep this (write the numbers down) as your go to base (right now this IS working) and leave it alone for 7 days, see what happens, then make SMALL tweaks, one at a time.  Assuming you hold roughly this for the week the first I would try is to eliminate EPR, the next would be a slight increase in your minimium, either .2 or .4 cmH2O, nothing more.  This is tweaking.

Sleep-well
Fred

Will do Fred! fingers crossed!

Regards

Buck

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to add that the MOST important thing at this stage is comfort,  so with the most famous question from the Vulcan Science Academy,

How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
All i can say in response to that Fred is that I'm able to get off to sleep and yes the mask does feel fairly tight , but it is tolerable!
It's not the best thing to wear being a side sleeper but ill take a less strained heart over a little bit of inconvenience and adapting!

My aim is to feel better and rested enough to tackle what is hopefully in my case the route cause which is being overweight and unfit!

I'm taking it one step at a time and I'm feeling a bit better , it's going to be a gradual thing i think!

Regards

Buck
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick question Buck, Why are you using a FFM?
In the Mask Primer I recommend starting with the least intrusive (pillows) and progressing to the most intrusive (FFM).
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 07:04 AM)buckrogers76 Wrote: All i can say in response to that Fred is that I'm able to get off to sleep and yes the mask does feel fairly tight , but it is tolerable!
It's not the best thing to wear being a side sleeper but ill take a less strained heart over a little bit of inconvenience and adapting!

My aim is to feel better and rested enough to tackle what is hopefully in my case the route cause which is being overweight and unfit!

I'm taking it one step at a time and I'm feeling a bit better , it's going to be a gradual thing i think!

Regards

Buck

i'm a full on mouth breather so not sure from the stuff I've read on here that NP would be effective. Also it's what the sleep clinic issued me with!

Regards

Buck
Post Reply Post Reply
ineffective!
Post Reply Post Reply
Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and breath.  Mouth or Nose?

FWIW my sleep clinic "issued" me a FFM and now I regularly use P10 Pillows without issue.  I am also a "Mouth Breather, or was.  Masks are very personal so every chance you get try a new one.  You have a good FFM which I do recommend for anytime you are stuffed, but I find the pillows work most of the time even then.  Ask your DME when you can get a new mask.  Go in and try several then, with your machine under pressure.  Walk out with a new style or a backup for your still very usable FFM.  You should be able to do this every 3 months, and replace the mask cushions more often (1 month)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 07:57 AM)bonjour Wrote: Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and breath.  Mouth or Nose?

FWIW my sleep clinic "issued" me a FFM and now I regularly use P10 Pillows without issue.  I am also a "Mouth Breather, or was.  Masks are very personal so every chance you get try a new one.  You have a good FFM which I do recommend for anytime you are stuffed, but I find the pillows work most of the time even then.  Ask your DME when you can get a new mask.  Go in and try several then, with your machine under pressure.  Walk out with a new style or a backup for your still very usable FFM.  You should be able to do this every 3 months, and replace the mask cushions more often (1 month)

Hi Fred

I will discuss with the nurses when i check in with them next! oh and the tongue on roof of mouth test , when i breathe in its through the nose!

My wife however assures me that prior to starting CPAP i used to breath at night exclusively through my mouth!

Regards

Buck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.