Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saying hi to all.
Grin 
Saying hi to all.
Good to be onboard,diagnosed a short while back with moderate apnea 4%ODI whatever that means and DIPS/HOUR 16.8
I am due to go to the hospital to pick up my machine in September but got the chance of a Resmed S9,humidifier and full mask with hardly any usage for a good price,arrived today so will trialling it out tonight  Smile Well that`s about it I guess for now and will update as time goes by.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saying hi to all.
Welcome Aboard!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi u8myufo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. You state in your profile that your pressure is auto so I assume you have an autoset S9 set to a range of prssures. It would be helpful to state you max and min pressures in your profile (e.g. 8-14). your machine should be data capable and you should be able to track your therapy.

Forum members will be able to help you evaluate and optimize your therapy with more data. Please post more complete results of your sleep study if you have them.  Data from your machine is also very important. I suggest you download and install the free software SleepyHead found here: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./ . This software provides a wealth of information about your daily treatment and forum members are used to working with it. The guide to using it is found here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

You will then be able to post data from your machine for forum members to review.  It is important that it be organized as described here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Then you can post your data as described here: http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf

You will need an SD card in the machine (It may already have one). Any SD card will work. If there is one in the machine, you may want to wipe it to delete the data for the previous owner.

Getting the right mask and fit is one of the biggest challenges. You will be lucky if the mask that came with the machine works well for you. I suggest you read the mask primer. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

I hope everything goes smoothly. We are here to help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello u8myufo,

Welcome to the forum.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi u8myufo,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Best wishes on getting apneas treated. Posting info here will be of great value, as we're here to help each other be successful. I look forward to hearing of your successes along the way.

Dave B.
Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board. Looks like you are already starting ahead of the curve. Keep in touch.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Not much help but just started myself 11 days ago, I think we will both get plenty help here. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the kind welcome, @Melman I will look into all that asap but have just updated my profile.I have to go away for a few days to a wedding today so will try and sort all the rest out on my return.This is just a brief rundown on last night.

It must have been around 11.30pm when I went to bed,and I probably spent a short while getting comfortable,not with the mask but just more with a good sleeping position with it on.Obviously the more tired you are when you go to bed and get to sleep quicker,the less you will lye there thinking about having the mask on. I remember waking briefly once in the night as the mask must have slipped slightly causing air to escape.I also remember taking the mask off completely and putting it down just prior to waking up.Whilst I was aware I did that,I was not fully awake so would say it was roughly about an hour before waking up.The display showed 4.8hrs use, a poor mask fit and an AHI of 2.5.

I am not sure if the face mask fit reading is calculated on an average,or would it only take one instance of the air escaping to cause it to show a poor fit?
I woke at 6.45am which for me is like oversleeping :-) I have never been one to stay in bed.So in respect of that I had a good sleep,the only noticeable diference is that my brain seems more perky so to speak.I have not been suffering with feeling drowsy or falling asleep in the daytime,so I am not going to see much difference with that.I think it will be more a case of I just have an overall better feeling in myself as time goes on.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.