Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
They say to raise the epap for ua/h, so you are doing the right thing. Your epap went to around 11-12 on your chart, so there is room to freely move. I was just wondering aloud if the PS:2 would be enough to tame the oa/h
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
gotcha. I did the setting edit. I'll see what results are in the morning. G'night folks. Oh and thanks again.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
quick update: swapping in small cushion when DME sends it to house

working on leak control still and building up longer nightly hours of use, I'm considering accessory mask pads etc. I really like the F20 but if I can't get it to stop leaking I move on, did try Amara View and for some reason it's worse leaker now than F20 (no I didn't change my face)

not changing settings yet until those are settled, IMO doesn't make sense to unless suggested here

RT at DME aware I do adjusting, I visited local office yesterday for getting a small cushion, her order process was scribble my info on sticky note and say FedEx will get it to me ASAP...done...this may be because that insensitive Dave showed up during her lunch, technically lunch 12-1 and I was there at 1:10

thanks y'all, give me a day or so and then I'll post SH info, hopefully I'll post a decent looking one next, homework is leak control, use addition, review prior suggestions for SH reports and edit accordingly

Meanwhile, I have spinal stimulant trial doctor's appointment Friday to address chronic back pain and the Disability Appeal comes up Aug. 28th, FWIW my attorney says if I can testify like her Q&A sheet then I will be awarded SSDI, that's good for me

Later y'all and have a great day

Coffee Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I think that having a small cushion on the AirFit F20 has helped with leaks and adjustments. SH shows it almost always under10. It shows on the chart some variations which I'm guessing is me moving around while sleeping. I do lots of left side to back and to right side as left shoulder and back are hurt.

I'm not considering leaks done with quite yet, but I've got another issue. How to not remove the mask during sleeping and stopping the therapy. I do not remember doing this when I wake up in the morning. I'm starting a new thread on this specifically, as it may gather more input. I've yet to log over 2 hours a night on the machine BTW. It is not a comfort issue that I'm aware of.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, you need to get your usage up to demonstrate compliance and keep the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, I hit a speed-bump with usage. I'll make it happen somehow. I will meet compliance because I can't forfeit this machine. Stay tuned...

BTW I'm even getting off the one cup of coffee in the morning. I will see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK here's a chart from last night, represents 2nd Sunday to Monday on the new ASV. Unless I'm missing something, my leaks seem fairly good. I think that spike at beginning of 2nd session was me moving mask to get better seal. Currently running EPAP 9-13, PS 2-12 and NO ramp. Last night, I woke once, needed bathroom and quick stretch as I was sleeping on back longer than normal. Very bad back issues FWIW. Want me to show other data? And am I doing OK with this? As for feeling: not adding to constant fatigue. I've been sleep deprived literally for over 3 years due to extreme OSA and the long process to get me to the ASV. But I did arrive eventually. Last FWIW: off of BiPap PSG info of 124 CA 24 OA 3 Hypopnea in 345 sleep min to this on the ASV is pretty good I guess.

[Image: vuP7LLIh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't really know anything about ASV's. Numbers look pretty good and the leak rate isn't really bad.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see the hours of use in compliance. Your new EPAP minimum provides a very stable pressure through the night, and we clearly see where the machine is working on centrals and hypopnea. Check out that tidal volume! Looks like you've turned the corner.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I've had to get script from Primary Care Physician for temporary sleep aid to help me get to sleep to get past sleep deprived wakefulness.

Suggestions on new graph info for future?

I'm still working on tweaking mask for best fit, using current strap setting as baseline. Going to try AirTouch cushion as soon as they're available thru the DME. Oh, BTW, the local Apria office in my area gets a thumbs up. The RT I've been working with is on CPAP herself. IMO that is a good thing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 267 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.