Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
Progress report: day 6 of 4 plus hours of compliance use. AHI is averaging about 2.5 but I'll check SH later this eve to be certain. DME sent 2 AirTouch Small cushions so I got those to try.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't figure you for a small...perhaps I over-estimated you. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ironically although I've got a big mouth, at least at times, the small cushion is wide enough for my mouth and more important, where it hits the bridge of my nose is better in small. The small is slightly shorter height-wise and I'm able to get a better fit.

Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW here's my latest chart from ASV roaming reporter Dave. I did use machine longer than 3 hrs, my sleeping was broken up a bit and I'm just showing the bigger 3 hr portion. IMO I think I stayed up too late and had some back sleeping that caused pain. Despite that a 0.98 AHI isn't real bad...Oh and this was first night using AirTouch cushion too...

[Image: X5F9jX2h.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Small update: had the face to face pulmonary doc visit this AM. He says I'm doing great with the ASV therapy. He went over meds, progress, and that was about it. This is also my last visit with him; he's retiring before my next visit (I didn't cause said retirement BTW). I'm going to assess how the next doc is at this facility then base my change of doc/facility at the new year.

ASV reporter Dave, out. Tune in/out next time, whichever you choose...
Post Reply Post Reply
Before your doc retires, be sure to send a note thanking him for his open minded and expert help. Include a request that he document for your files that ASV is working well and he recommends continuing therapy. You want it in the records, and if possible, with a copy for your personal record.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy on all the above & great idea. In the list for stuff to do tomorrow. Thanks Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Figured I'd throw in a chart to show how this big blower, the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, has to work it's tail off so my AHI is under 5!

like  This is "normal" for me to have 2 sleep sessions of late... I've logged 7 days of newest pressure tweak...EPAP Min/Max of 9/13 and Pressure support Min/Max of 3/12...only change was Min PS up from 2 to 3...almost halved AHI.

And, BTW the answer to "how do I feel?". It's far too early to say great, but I don't feel extremely and thoroughly exhausted immediately after waking up. It's a new kind of tiredness as well, if that makes any sense. Definitely though, I'm not feeling worse as it was with the BiPAP. I've got many months to pay that sleep debt as it were.

Coffee Coffee Coffee

[Image: YxoetKDh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
In case fine print is hurting the eyes, here's left panel:

[Image: edIO8tvh.png?1]
Post Reply Post Reply
Read my mind?

What a nice tidal volume. I get there sometimes, but not too many live in this neighborhood.

[Image: Q0wHTpy.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a year and I'm about ready to kick CPAP to the curb drago7579 15 302 04-20-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: drago7579
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 208 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 187 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 210 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 305 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.