Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
Ha, I chose to be nice. I figured for now just to point them in the right direction. See how it goes. Then if that doesn't work, I'll progressively become more demanding. I've got my wish list for the script already to go which included ResMed ASV & heated tube. I'll keep the Amara View mask I'm thinking.

They better hope I don't go full tilt lawyer actor on them!

Cheers to all.  Coffee Coffee Dielaughing
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a study out there about the ResMed ASV machine that combats mixed and central apnea.

See this link for more info: 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/resmed-apos-study-results-central-201708161.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

There is a segment on stock info as well, but it does describe medical usage reasonably well also.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Here's my report after seeing WellSpan on second opinion: Doc "I don't have any idea why you're on a BiPAP. You need to be on this other device called ASV. I also don't know why this doctor chose a setting of 15/10 when it's creating high levels of central apneas. Let me get a report from your DME showing BiPAP activity. I'll call you on Monday. We do need to do an echo test to make sure about a heart condition that can be an issue with some. If we cannot go ASV, you'll need to be on oxygen. Finally just be aware my team has experience working with other patients that need ASV machines."

Me "Assume ASV is my definite path, and the echo test didn't reveal the heart issue, can you and I request ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV and a heated tube specifically?"

Doc "If that's what you want then yes. OK until Monday then. Have a good day."

Thanks like Coffee Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Your doctor took the words right out of my mouth.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now if there were a way to bottle this experience and give it to others that are having difficulty dealing with Doctor Quack, Hardcase Insurance, or Dufus Medical Equipment facilities we'd have a good thing going here.

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello folks,
Today I had a doctor's appointment at my original pulmonary doctor's office. He stated that since the BiPAP makes me worse, I shouldn't use it. THEN he says I need ASV. So that ASV aspect is now official! This is the path I'm on after I get past an echo test.

I've officially decided I'm moving over to the facility that did my second opinion instead of the original group. The first doc mismanaged my BiPAP pressures; that alone is weighing very heavy in my decision to change doctors.

Finally, I also now have the pulmonary function test results, and I have my copy. There is a mild airway obstruction that was revealed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, it's been a long road. I look forward to you getting this resolved...I'm trying to think how long it took me to figure out what you needed after seeing your data. You would think the medical system could be equally efficient.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be nice but apparently not a reality in many cases. Will update as info changes. Between myself and WellSpan team, I will be specifying ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV and heated tube. Keeping the Amara View mask as IMO it's fine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
One small update: I saw my primary care doc yesterday so I could request of his office a referral and pre-auth for an echo test. I should have that completed soon. Read between the lines, neither facility has requested referral/pre-auth for echo that I'm aware of. No activity from them in over a week. Sorry folks, non-activity here not allowed.

Unless I forgot to mention it before, original pulmonary doctor had told me to cease usage of the BiPAP as he discovered it was taking me the wrong direction in therapy...wow I think he's got it...Mmmmaybe?

Nah sorry, I'm still doing a patient transfer to WellSpan. They actually set aside time to listen to their patients.

Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee  Eat-popcorn Coffee  
take this and call me tomorrow...
Post Reply Post Reply
Uh OK? Now my original pulmonary doctor is telling me I'm headed to ASV after an echo test. The second opinion has changed their opinion, stating BiPAP setting edit should be good enough. As in, change the BiPAP to go Auto instead of a Fixed setting. She is trying to say central apnea count was too low to advise an ASV. One problem though is that the info likely isn't reflecting reality. I haven't been using the BiPAP consistently to get true results as it always makes me more fatigued. ALWAYS! I've been there and didn't get a T-shirt. So here's the lesson: Just when you think you've resolved all the bumps in the road, you really didn't. Standby for other rounds of patient versus doctor to see who's standing at the end.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 181 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 160 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 482 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 185 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 274 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 831 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.