Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
Good grief!   Oh-jeez

Doctor's are supposed to support doing what is good for the patient. You are a person who is perhaps more knowledgeable in ASV than the ones treating you.  You know and accept the risks, as they pertain to your health and conditions.  How about, help, or get out of the way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be brief this time

DITTO

PS I'm making ASV transition a reality. Just wait on the update that I'm successful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One small note I'd like to add: tech at 2nd pulmonary group originally wanted 3 weeks of data from the BiPAP at settings they prescribed, which yours truly entered into the BiPAP. (And which the DME knows I'm doing the setting edits for them BTW, but they didn't seem to care, not stopping me either way so there...) Did have to lawyer talk A.K.A. speak about settings in theory and not that I'm making the adjustments...wink nod...

Anyway this new tech told the settings that DME will change it to, he will accept one week of data if I can complain enough that BiPAP is making me feel greatly worse in that time, he'd consider going ASV then. I can manage that.

Also from the original pulmonary group, I had a blood test done and have an echo test scheduled for 5/31. So maybe by June I'm on an ASV. Unless the 2nd opinion group acts sooner, June is the soonest I see ASV happening.

PS the DME sales rep said she's adding to my file that any new device will include the heated hose. I stated I'd make sure the doctor helps by including heated hose anyway. And she would supply ResMed on a script that specifies it. She told me to note it adds a few days to getting my machine. ResMed ASV is my only real choice in my opinion. The way it is reported as more natural acting appeals to me.

OK Roving reporter Dave in the field signing off till next time...
Coffee Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi y'all. I'm still out here somewhere. Wishing all a great memorial day.

Path towards ASV is slowly going forward. I've got an Echo test scheduled next week. Then I think original doctor wants another sleep study on ASV for insurance proof and titration. OK fine let's get it done then!

Next up is me stating that ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV & heated hose specifically will be on the script. And I'll be asking if I need supplemental oxygen and a pulse oxy meter to set up for insurance assist in those areas.

Later
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi y'all. Echo test for CHF checked OK. Next is the sleep study on ASV at month's end. Tick tick. Guess that's why we're called patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
slowly getting there, it's a journey alright
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
It sure keeps me on my toes trying to keep ducks or Docs in a row.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update on ASV journey:

1. I had an ASV oriented sleep study and titration. Sleep tech had to use full face mask with forehead support to get good seal. OK whatever. I'm open to mask shopping as necessary.

2. I did have an echo which have received an OK, as in no red flag or CHF to prevent ASV.

3. I had a generic pulmonary doctor follow-up today. The script for ASV was just initiated and is going thru the ten million steps before I get assigned a machine.

4. I'm switching DME's to one called Apria as they're also on my insurance in-list AND are primarily ResMed device oriented.

5. Doc has yet to believe I need oxygen but that's so far OK. I'm just taking one battle at a time and most important is getting that ASV.

6. I stopped at newly selected DME to talk with rep. He's quite nice and helpful. They fill all xPAP orders with ResMed if at all possible. Yes!  Thanks

7. I ain't dead, just sorta quiet here lately. My first summer after the COPD diagnosis. Hotter weather with humidity has gotten very difficult to deal with. I've not got much energy to spare.

Good evening to all. When there's news to share, I'll post it.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just when you're nearly there, here is a curve ball. Did they try a ST avps? with copd and low o2, it may be one to consider. If not now, but down the road, asv are for normal lung function.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Negative on the ST. I had standard CPAP about 2 years ago, and BiPAP earlier this year. CPAP was returned when I didn't keep up compliance. Near ditto on BiPAP. Since BiPAP was triggering/causing central apneas, doc told me to stop usage. I then returned it. I'm going to be curious of ASV results, and I'll post results from machine data as it becomes available. I may have the machine next week, but that's not yet certain.

Also of note, this pulmonary doc told me today that o2 was 98% likely during sleep study. He did mention my exhaling is deficient at around 69% normal FWIW. I'm waiting to get my hands on this most recent report. It is expected to be available next week.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 273 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.