Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
(08-04-2017, 08:04 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: good for you, Mr. Black.  can't wait to hear the transformation once you are treated for a bit with this new set up.

QAL

Thanks. Much appreciated. I'll shout out upon arrival of the ASV. ETA obviously unknown right now.
Oh-jeez doc/DME team causes more illness than treats...mallet smack! Just sayin'
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel for you Dave. Just when it seems within reach it gets yanked back.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. I'm not allowing my situation to stress me out, period. But that doesn't mean my daily phone calls won't add stress to the duck and the DME. Eventually they do have to get all the failed steps corrected; they also have a very limited time to get their collective acts together. This Tuesday looks like a great deadline. I'm calling them both again x times Monday then that's it. I figure from June 30th PSG to now is way more time than necessary to quit being stupid and jerking me around. Eventually, even nice dogs bite if you keep poking them with a stick.

great w/e all
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2017, 04:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I warned ya, I did try to configure the report right but I could not find on my report the FLOW LIMIT graph. Everything else should be as the directions suggested.

For historical purposes, I'm putting this post response as I'm deleting the attachment on the original to save space. FWIW this comes from post #10.

[Image: NkAF2u5l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Lookin' good there Dave!  I don't know how we could possibly hope for better than 36 AHI. Rolleyes
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I guess I got it wrong. The higher the better I thought. JK Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I-love-Apnea-Board Amazing

Got the new ASV; ResMed Aircurve 10 with 0 hours, both heated and standard hoses, with humidifier (duh as it's integrated on ResMed 10's but was told by last DME I may not get another one so soon via insurance) and I chose an AirFit F20 Medium FFM. Mine includes an SD card too. I did not give nor was asked for credit card info. I paid $0.00!

Thanks all for info and assistance. Posting data tomorrow.

BTW DME has this set on Auto with EPAP 13 - 15 and PS Min 2 PS Max 12. She said duck wanted me up to 25, I'm guessing here that would be the IPAP setting I do not see in Clinical mode. Guess I now need ASV school for settings on ResMed...
Post Reply Post Reply
There's only one way to get out of the School of Hard Knocks...

Better to stay in as long as possible, the grass is always greener from the top side.  Big Grin

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. It won't be the first time I learned something the hard way. Good night y'all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2017, 05:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I-love-Apnea-Board Amazing

Got the new ASV; ResMed Aircurve 10 with 0 hours, both heated and standard hoses, with humidifier (duh as it's integrated on ResMed 10's but was told by last DME I may not get another one so soon via insurance) and I chose an AirFit F20 Medium FFM. Mine includes an SD card too. I did not give nor was asked for credit card info. I paid $0.00!

Thanks all for info and assistance. Posting data tomorrow.

BTW DME has this set on Auto with EPAP 13 - 15 and PS Min 2 PS Max 12. She said duck wanted me up to 25, I'm guessing here that would be the IPAP setting I do not see in Clinical mode. Guess I now need ASV school for settings on ResMed...

Going back to posts 37 and 38 in this thread where you posted titration data, and my follow-up where we discussed a more accurate characterization of what should have been your diagnosis, I think your proposed EPAP pressure is too high.  If I was prescribing (and I'm not), I would start you at a EPAP min of 7.0, EPAP max 12.0, PS 0 to 15.  As you know, any pressure support causes you to have centrals, so to encourage maximum spontaneous breathing, I leave that out with a low EPAP.  This resembles some of your more successful CPAP trials.  I'll leave you with this figure as the main basis for my conclusions...It will be interesting to see your actual results.

[Image: jW95SgJ.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 635 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 491 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.