Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie ready for guru input
RE: Newbie ready for guru input
What I stumbled across was, if you right click on the chart, you can open in new tab and this will take you to imgur. Posting the picture can be hard to see. I think a zoomed in chart is going to look messy breathing still, going what can be seen of the flow chart. Also when the leaks are fixed, that can be replaced with the minute vent chart. To see if the PS is OK or if more than 2 is needed to help stabilise the minimum ventilation with the copd.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,  You have a awesome looking chart there!  Your tidal volume is a little low though. Dielaughing Dielaughing
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Already titrated for ASV during a June 30th sleep study.

FWIW the first half hour is mostly junk as it took me about that long to fall asleep. IMO EPAP min of 7 feels low. Like I'm not getting enough air. And yes I've gotta get leaks controlled. Mask is AirFit F20, the silicone one. DME says I can swap seals to make it an AirTouch. I've also got a 30 day exchange to try any masks available.

Want me to go EPAP min 8? And will replace Ingur large thumbnail with as suggested. Was following wiki directions before FYI. And I'll fit mask pressure in too.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 07:16 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider,  You have a awesome looking chart there!  Your tidal volume is a little low though. Dielaughing Dielaughing

This is mine.  I get plenty of air.

[Image: MFWO3Qqh.jpg]

On PAP, my tidal volume is over 700

[Image: 3IJrg96h.png?1]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 07:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Already titrated for ASV but not certain if they took any consideration for COPD during that sleep study. Maybe someone can chime in with more info so I can follow-up that.

FWIW the first half hour is mostly junk as it took me about that long to fall asleep. IMO EPAP min of 7 feels low. Like I'm not getting enough air. And yes I've gotta get leaks controlled. Mask is AirFit F20, the silicone one. DME says I can swap seals to make it an AirTouch. I've also got a 30 day exchange to try any masks available.

Want me to go EPAP min 8? And will replace Ingur large thumbnail with as suggested. Was following wiki directions before FYI. And I'll fit mask pressure in too.

Dave, I forgot about the COPD.  Pressure support is going to help that.  I would increase the EPAP min by 1 until you feel satisfied, and also take the PS to 2.  I can see from your chart how EPAP 12 may be where you go, but I'd like to leave more overhead for PS to deal with CA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy. I'll do the edits when I get home this eve. EPAP min of 8 and PS min of 2.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Your tidal Volume is impressive. The boat even more so! Sorry Dave I'll get out of the way now.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 08:13 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider, Your tidal Volume is impressive. The boat even more so!   Sorry Dave I'll get out of the way now.

No problem. Personally I don't mind the chatter. So we're cool. Shy

Agreed that's a nice boat.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 07:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Already titrated for ASV during a June 30th sleep study.

If you are going to set a min PS:2, instead of PS:0. You may not need to raise the min epap much. you could leave it at 7 for tonight and see of the UA/H are sorted. Raise it to 8 tomorrow night if needed.

Quote:"BTW DME has this set on Auto with EPAP 13 - 15 and PS Min 2 PS Max 12. She said duck wanted me up to 25, I'm guessing here that would be the IPAP setting I do not see in Clinical mode. "

I went back and saw your post, min PS:2 must be OK if they titrated you on it. Luckily it can't be too bad at this stage. Generally someone with obstructive/COPD lungs need more PS and the default setting on S is PS:8, so you really are doing well.
page 22

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf

after everything has settled down in a week or so, it would be good to see your minute vent chart.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy. I'm upping EPAP to 8 from 7 unless otherwise cautioned against. Not enough air IMO.

PS min to 2 from zero. I am checking with DME about mask tomorrow. I may have wrong size at a medium. When I do Mask test on blower I seem to get it to be free of leaks; SH says otherwise and I don't notice it leaking, but...

just so y'all know I did follow mask primer & the results are not very nice so far; not blaming wiki info, it's either my adjustment is wrong or mask size is wrong or mask itself isn't going to be good choice for me...note I'm more comfortable as side sleeper...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.