Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Climate Line Tubing and Electric Field
Gross 
Climate Line Tubing and Electric Field
Now - as controversial as it might sound - I am trying to reduce EMF /RF ans well as EF exposure in my bedroom (at least for some rest from those at night) and it came to my surpise that the EF produced by our loved heated tubing it's around 50-60 V/m!!! usually what is considered safe for long exposure is arounf 10 V/m ... now I know some of you might laughing at this ... but the Building Biology Evaluation Guidlines SBM 2015 identify 50 V/m in sleeping area as an hazard - so imagine having a tube of wire constantly every night on your face for 8 hours!  I find a bit crazy ResMed has not looked into this or how to minimse impact. Oh well it's back to plastic tubing.. 

If you are interested I am happy to post pics with my EMF meter showing the EF generated by the tube.

here SBM 2015 guidline info for sleeping areas

PS. Yes I have my WiFi off and the machine is always put on flight mode and I synch only when required.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climate Line Tubing and Electric Field
According to cancer.gov (link to article below) these are not in the frequency range determinantal to humans.

Link to article: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/caus...fact-sheet

An excerpt:
There are two main categories of EMFs:
1.  Higher-frequency EMFs, which include x-rays and gamma rays. These EMFs are in the ionizing radiation part of the electromagnetic spectrum and can damage DNA or cells directly.

2.  Low- to mid-frequency EMFs, which include static fields (electric or magnetic fields that do not vary with time), magnetic fields from electric power lines and appliances, radio waves, microwaves, infrared radiation, and visible light. These EMFs are in the non-ionizing radiation part of the electromagnetic spectrum and are not known to damage DNA or cells directly. Low- to mid-frequency EMFs include extremely low frequency EMFs (ELF-EMFs) and radiofrequency EMFs. ELF-EMFs have frequencies of up to 300 cycles per second, or hertz (Hz), and radiofrequency EMFs range from 3 kilohertz (3 kHz, or 3,000 Hz) to 300 gigahertz (300 GHz, or 300 billion Hz). Radiofrequency radiation is measured in watts per meter squared (W/m2).

. . . No mechanism by which ELF-EMFs or radiofrequency radiation could cause cancer has been identified.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climate Line Tubing and Electric Field
I thought that I had pretty much heard most everything.......... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 624 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.