Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie to CPAP Therapy
RE: Newbie to CPAP Therapy
It looks like a lot of Positional Apnea.  I would get a cervical collar you can look in Stacey's signature and find one.  If it is Positional this could be why you keep having a lot of Max Pressure needs.  When you tuck you chin you close of your air way and no machine can open it.  Sleeping on you back or side if you tuck your chin the airway is closed off.

Try a collar.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said I don’t want to comment on CSR, I don’t know enough about it but from wiki on this site “Resmed machines flag periodic breathing as CSR and in most cases it not CSR. ”

It still looks like positional apnea to me. 
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both !!! I have ordered the collar and it should reach today.

I will try it out today and I will keep you posted. I also read that ResMed also flags abnormal periodic breathing as CSR , which actually isn't CSR.

Last night I did not get any CSR events though. I will try the collar today and will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the help & suggestion. Much Appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct about the CSR label being misused. Evidently, the geniuses at Resmed didn't have access to a dictionary the day that they chose that name.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct on CSR. Unless you have a known bad heart condition, the CSR is the mislabeled kind. False flag so to speak.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone on clearing up my doubts on CSR. I will update after using the collar. Hope it works Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning,

Last night I slept with the cervical collar, though it was very weird to sleep with it. I felt like sleeping like a rock  in a strange position, but surprisingly I did not have any neck pain or shoulder pain in the morning.

And for the first time in 3 weeks, my events were less than 3  like Cool  I think I will have to get used to the collar.

I checked few of my events and the mask pressure during the events is less than 9, but my minimum pressure was set as 10. I'm not sure about this? I thought I would be getting minimum pressure at all the times?

Thank you very much for all the suggestion about positional sleep apnea and tips. I have learnt a lot in these 3 weeks. Greatly Appreciated.  Thanks  Cheers  Coffee

I will continue to use the collar and will update.  Thanks Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, things are looking very good.  Now just keep track and see that the events in the O and H row are not clustered.  When that happens (and it does periodically) you will know that you need to adjust the collar.  After a while the collar will get worn and be softer, letting your chin drop - A new collar just like a new mask will be needed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Point noted. I look forward to use this collar and keep my events as low as possible.

For the first time, I feel positive after starting this therapy. Thanks a bunch Smile Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news glad the collar is working.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 7 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.