Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How SLeep Study Gathers Information
RE: How SLeep Study Gathers Information
(11-06-2013, 12:35 AM)Blaifarm Wrote: In anyone's experience, or maybe opinion, is the lab study more accurate or the home study? I have read several "papers" on this and am still confused. Help if you would.
From interview with professor Barbara Phillips (page 9/10)
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...dica14.pdf

Would you like to see the diagnosis/treatment of OSA alter in any way?
Get insurance rules and regulations out of the picture! Let clinicians manage patients. Stop requiring a sleep study in order to have CPAP paid for. Stop pretending that a CPAP titration (or an in-lab PSG, for that matter) is some kind of magical test.

Is the requirement that a sleep study must be carried out in order for CPAP to be paid for likely to change anytime soon?
Beats me. Probably not if those who profit by sleep apnea testing continue to loudly proclaim that it is necessary in every single case.

What would your ideal therapy device be like?
It would be a very simple blower with flawless, non-condensing humidity, and a pressure knob that patients could adjust between about 6 and 16 cm H20. It would come with a dozen different easy-to-use masks.

Would patients in the US healthcare system accept this or would they still want more?
Most of my patients want things to be simple and straightforward.

Not Every Patient Needs to Go to the Sleep Lab
http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Barba...t_0830.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,390 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 218 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,279 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 386 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 150 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.