Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account.
RE: No data being sent to myAir account.
This thread was started in 2015 and the current delay in seeing data posted in MyAir is unrelated to the situation 8-years ago, but is hauntingly familiar. I checked MyAir and just saw Monday's results, but the current results seem delayed by 1-day. Blonde...try OSCAR. Instant results and much more detail.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I realized it was an old post. I might look into OSCAR, It's just that everything I've read is that's its difficult to interpret the results due to the data being convoluted. I'm hoping I'll hear from my doctor about the results the 3 months I've been using my CPAP..sometime.....

What I don't understand, is everyone on this forum asking for advise on settings etc., isn't there supposed to be physician follow ups after the initial first few months that would cover all the needed settings adjustments? Isn't the data that's being collected used to adjust the settings for maximum health benefits? Do the doctors not look at the data being sent, or why bother having devices that upload your sleep data, after all its intrusive, but hopefully for a reason?!

Sorry for the questions.. I'm just confused on uploading sleep data to forums, if people are needing help or have concerns why not talk to your sleep doctor? What am I missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are missing this link: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...are-Update

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2023, 06:33 PM)BlondePatriotInCDA Wrote: What I don't understand, is everyone on this forum asking for advise on settings etc., isn't there supposed to be physician follow ups after the initial first few months that would cover all the needed settings adjustments? Isn't the data that's being collected used to adjust the settings for maximum health benefits? Do the doctors not look at the data being sent, or why bother having devices that upload your sleep data, after all its intrusive, but hopefully for a reason?!

Yes, there is SUPPOSED to be a follow-up to make adjustments as needed. BUT, in my case and from what I've heard, there rarely is any. 

This is why you see people coming here for advice to improve their therapy. If you don't take your treatment into your own hands, it's likely to remain ineffective and uncomfortable.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I see, thank you.

I understand about taking your own health Into your own hands. I called several time inquiring about my results and settings. I finally explained that having put me on CPAP, having me sign all the paperwork handing over the equipment constituted a legal contract and as such they're failure to follow through was a breach of that contract, therefore I wasn't required to follow through with my portion - paying. I now have several appointments.

Thanks to your explanation, I see its always going to be a struggle. Our healthcare system, including the doctors (I work in healthcare) who actually care are no longer about the patients and their needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to this. 
My pulmonologist knows so little about sleep apnea it's scary. 
I brought my SD card into an appointment a while back, and she claimed to have read it but had no idea what any of it meant when I asked her a specific question. 

So, even though we depend on our healthcare providers to give us the best treatment, it's not always the best medicine.  Rolleyes
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, unfortunately everyone's become to specialized. As I said I work in healthcare, I hurt myself on the job and the doctors there said they "didn't know about injuries, it wasn't their specialty." That coming from a medical doctor. I understood worrying about suing possibilities, but they're still required to do first aid. It opened my eyes on doctors. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2023, 06:33 PM)BlondePatriotInCDA Wrote: I realized it was an old post. I might look into OSCAR, It's just that everything I've read is that's its difficult to interpret the results due to the data being convoluted.

There's a learning curve. The CPAP machine records a lot of data and OSCAR attempts to display all of it.

Quote:I'm hoping I'll hear from my doctor about the results the 3 months I've been using my CPAP..sometime.....

What I don't understand, is everyone on this forum asking for advise on settings etc., isn't there supposed to be physician follow ups after the initial first few months that would cover all the needed settings adjustments?

I don't know if it's supposed to happen, but I can tell you that in most cases it does not. The doctor will look at compliance data (how much you've been using the machine), your AHI (average number of apneas and hypopneas per hour), and your leak statistics (what percentage of time you were in large leak).

You really need to do things like look at your leak rate graph (the statistics mentioned above don't provide the details you need).

Quote:Isn't the data that's being collected used to adjust the settings for maximum health benefits? Do the doctors not look at the data being sent, or why bother having devices that upload your sleep data, after all its intrusive, but hopefully for a reason?!

Often the doctors don't have access to the software they need, or they don't know how to read it, or both. Their primary concern is the compliance data, because they have to report that to your insurance company.

Quote:Sorry for the questions.. I'm just confused on uploading sleep data to forums, if people are needing help or have concerns why not talk to your sleep doctor? What am I missing?

The responses you get on this forum are almost always more helpful than what you can get from a doctor or a respiratory therapist.

OSCAR is not that convoluted. It will not take you very long to learn how to use the parts of it that you need. Of course there's compliance, that comes first. Then you look at the leak rate. Finally, the AHI. After that you can start learning about the other data that's collected.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 419 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 465 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,653 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 491 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,094 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,333 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.