Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] No data on a Resmed S8
No data on a Resmed S8
I have bought a CPAP (Resmed S8 autoset) without a prescription based on the claim of my co-sleeper that I am experiencing extremely frequent sleep apnea. After more than a year of very consistent use of my machine I am still not rested when I wake up. I have tried a lot of different settings (various levels of fixed pressure / autoset mode) but my sarch is kind of blind because no data (IA etc) seem to be stored on my machine. I know how to access data in the clinic menu in but the message is always "no data".
Can somebody help ?
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No data on a Resmed S8
Welcome to the forum Kozyair,
The S8 is pretty old. I don't think it can give you any useful data. Does it give you an AHI reading?
Does it tell you what your average pressure is?

After a year of using this machine, and not feeling any better, it may be time to do this the right way. See a doctor, and at least get an overnight home study, which is cheaper.

You don't even know if you have sleep apnea, and worse, you could have complex apnea which would require a different machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Kozyair and welcome to the board. By coming to this forum, you have opened the door to a wealth of experienced sleep apnea folks who will endeavor to assist you with your apnea struggles.
OpalRose has offered what I think, is the most important suggestion at the moment. Your admittance that you are still not rested in the mornings after a year of self imposed sleep therapy leads to the idea that something is not going the way it should. Perhaps a professionally administered sleep study is necessary. A (no data info) machine is sort of like driving a car without a speedometer. You know that you are getting SOME therapy but you don't know how much, and is it correct.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
S8 AutoSet is full data capable machine display efficacy data ...
pressure, leak, AHI (apnea + hypopnea index), AI (apnea index), and HI (hypopnea index) data
In "results", you should see 'usage and efficacy data' as shown in this video (past 8 mins mark)
https://vimeo.com/19565675

Also the clinical manual available via Email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kozyair,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all but my problem is not really addressed by your comments.
So, let's reformulate:
The Resmed S8 do have data recording capability.
I know how to access them.
The problem is that the display says "no data available".
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 06:18 AM)Kozyair Wrote: Thanks to all but my problem is not really addressed by your comments.
So, let's reformulate:
The Resmed S8 do have data recording capability.
I know how to access them.
The problem is that the display says "no data available".
I have no idea (sorry about that) and the clinical manual trouble shooting section does not gives us any clues either
Those things might don't helps but no harm in trying ... unplug the machine, wait a while and plug it back
If still showing no data, erase the data stored on the machine (except run hours)

The other thing, you can contact one of the CPAP repairers (#27 and #28) on the Suppliers List
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Down the track, if needed a new machine, Supplier #2 is good source for new and used machines and ship overseas if you're not in US
Here is a guide may helps choosing the right machine http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm real new at this but does your machine need an SD card to report data and does it have the correct one?
Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 doesn't use SD card, it does use smart card
Beside the smart card, you'll also need the smart card reader, can be bit pricey and tricky to find but not impossible
Post Reply Post Reply
Does it need the smart card to display data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,073 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 269 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 432 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.