Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] No one monitoring me
RE: No one monitoring me

Any better?
Post Reply Post Reply
For me? Yes I think that view is fine. It certainly indicates what others suggested about bringing up your low of 4 to 12. For now though, you mentioned 8; nothing wrong there. I myself could not handle a large step so I see no issue there. Try it, report on it and we'll see what happened.

Sleep-well Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good evening

Had a bad night last night with an ahi of 10.8. I believe it was mostly due to leakage...
I reset my pressures tonight with 8-16 ....12 may be too big a jump. I'll get there

I'll let ya know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Good evening

Had a bad night last night with an ahi of 10.8. I believe it was mostly due to leakage...
I reset my pressures tonight with 8-16 ....12 may be too big a jump. I'll get there

Thought about the pressure again. The machine was set at 10.5 so not that big a jump to 12.  I did it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep up the good work Mttnkatt. Let us see some more charts so we can help you monitor your progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Good evening

What does the chart look like? I kind of base what pressure I can handle on where it is going under auto control. If it is going there anyway, it doesn't hurt to bump up the minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Last nights chart.  I had problems sleeping in the early part till about 5
then woke up for a bit and then put the mask back on and slept some more.
I also have a cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering if a soft cervical would be in order to keep you from tucking your chin and causing occlusions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2018, 11:54 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Last nights chart.  I had problems sleeping in the early part till about 5
then woke up for a bit and then put the mask back on and slept some more.
I also have a cold.

Based on the one chart you could probably benefit from more pressure still if you can handle it. Min to 13 and max to 17. One thing you could also do just to clean up your charts so you can see what is going is to turn off the VS2 flags. I believe most agree it is a somewhat meaningless number/event. If you want to, go to the bar at the very bottom under the graphs. There are two boxes; Flags and the Event Type. Click on the right one and select VS2. Then click on the Flag button to turn it red - off. Won't really change anything other than to make the graphs a little easier to read, and to find the important stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last chart you posted showed the machine peeking at 16 and not being allowed to go higher.
However, You are new to this an sometimes things settle down after you get used to the machine.
Slow changes are best, that way you can pick up on things that are going wrong.
You had quite a bit going on in your first charts, but a bit less now, however, leave things as they are. or make very small adjustments.
I think you might need to go to 18 max, but wait to see what happens over the next few days.
There is a fair bit going on and it would be better if you posted over the next few days so we can see what is going on.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 460 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 607 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Sleep postures monitoring Pixel Ninja 1 391 07-09-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Capnography with CPAP (home monitoring) Apnea23 2 543 06-04-2023, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Tracking/Monitoring Device GoliGoli 0 509 08-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  DME charges for remote monitoring KC8RXQ 5 1,074 07-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 513 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.