Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] No one monitoring me
RE: No one monitoring me
(04-20-2018, 11:32 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote:  Happy with my treatment ...going pretty well  Thank you everyone for your advice and support

There is probably still some room to improve OA events with a higher minimum pressure. You may want to try 13 cm and see what that does. If you are OK with the higher pressures you should be able to get AHI under 5.0 which is the minimum treatment standard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2018, 11:52 AM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:32 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote:  Happy with my treatment ...going pretty well  Thank you everyone for your advice and support

There is probably still some room to improve OA events with a higher minimum pressure. You may want to try 13 cm and see what that does. If you are OK with the higher pressures you should be able to get AHI under 5.0 which is the minimum treatment standard.

You're right!! I'm not giving up yet .still room for improvement  
I will try 13 and see how it goes!

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2018, 12:17 PM)Mttnkatt Wrote: You're right!! I'm not giving up yet .still room for improvement  

You are probably at the point where you are refining the pressure setting. I would suggest going 3-4 days at each pressure level to be sure what it is achieving.
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-20-2018, 01:17 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:17 PM)Mttnkatt Wrote: You're right!! I'm not giving up yet .still room for improvement  

You are probably at the point where you are refining the pressure setting. I would suggest going 3-4 days at each pressure level to be sure what it is achieving.

2 nights at 13 and my lowest AHI yet!!
You guys ROCK!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's looking good...
Post Reply Post Reply

What happened?
Everything is the same.  My CAs were down to 2  maybe 3
AHI under 5
Why does this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 10:49 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: What happened?
Everything is the same.  My CAs were down to 2  maybe 3
AHI under 5
Why does this happen?

Some things about apnea are hard to explain. In the last week or so, I have had some of my lowest AHI's and also some of my highest. One of the thinks I have started to consider is possibly an odd one -- sleep quality. We are led to believe that if we reduce apnea events we will improve sleep quality. I don't think that is always true. If for whatever reason you so not sleep well, it can lead to increased apena events. In your case based on the SH report only, I can only think there may be some sleep position issues, and also some limitations with the Dreamstation machine. It is clearly not responding to frequent OA and H events the way I would expect a ResMed would. My suggestion is to focus on getting a good nights sleep and not worry about the AHI for one, two, or three nights... I don't see anything obvious wrong with the setup of your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m in the same boat, I think it’s best to learn how to treat yourself with the software available. 

Seems to me like you will fit your own needs better than some dr that really doesn’t know you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Sleep postures monitoring Pixel Ninja 1 365 07-09-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Capnography with CPAP (home monitoring) Apnea23 2 511 06-04-2023, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Tracking/Monitoring Device GoliGoli 0 486 08-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  DME charges for remote monitoring KC8RXQ 5 1,029 07-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 492 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.