Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Nose gets clogged at night
Nose gets clogged at night
So I started the CPAP 4 months ago, the 2months I was averaging 6 hours per night, which was great!

But as time went on I could not sleep with it because my nose gets too clogged and I cannot handle it and I just removed it.

I tried those sprays that you use on your nose without much success...

Equipment:

- Resmed Airsense10
- Resmed P10 and F30 masks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose gets clogged at night
I think it may help to know what humidity settings you have tried on the Autoset. Also, what nasal sprays did you use and found effective? Have you ever considered using a nasal pillows mask which applies air directly to the bottom of your nose? It works if you don't open your mouth at night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the BreathRight nasal strips which will open the nasal passages by adhesive springy strips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve used Breatheright strips with some success, but also I find that I am more likely to get clogged when filters need changing. I take zyrtec at times as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Zyrtec, but I found that Benadryl works better for a stuffy nose taken an hour before bedtime. Also, Afrin nose spray works quickly. Afrin in the pump bottle is dispersed better than in the squeeze bottle. It’s more expensive, but you can easily refill the pump bottle from a cheaper squeeze bottle especially if you buy packs of squeeze bottles from a retailer like Costco. Benadryl tablets are also cheap from Costco. I occasionally sanitize the Afrin pump bottle by filling it with hydrogen peroxide, pumping it several times and letting it sit for 10 minutes or so before pouring out the peroxide and refilling from a squeeze bottle. Hopefully this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean my nose every night using the neilmed sinus rinse, sometimes I still get a bit more clogged however after and have to use some kind of steroid spray to unclog.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2021, 03:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think it may help to know what humidity settings you have tried on the Autoset.  Also, what nasal sprays did you use and found effective?  Have you ever considered using a nasal pillows mask which applies air directly to the bottom of your nose? It works if you don't open your mouth at night.

I have tried many different sprays, and currently using a nasal pillow but does not help
Post Reply Post Reply
To follow up on Sleeprider's questions: what humidity settings have you tried? And which sprays exactly have you used? More information will help people here to help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Immediate relief can be had with something like Afrin, but use is limited to 3-days due to the rebound effect. I have used Flonase with great success when nasal congestion is a problem, and used it for several months at a time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 651 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 467 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.