Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Nose thickling
RE: Nose thickling
Is your tickling in the same place? or random?

For me, I just pluck my nose hairs two or three times a month 'til they are all gone. Helps greatly with air flow.
Also, making sure I get my face very clean before heading off to bed helps.
Still, I do get occasional itches and must undo mask to scratch a bit.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 12:48 AM)Stumbonie Wrote: Is your tickling in the same place? or random?

For me, I just pluck my nose hairs two or three times a month 'til they are all gone. Helps greatly with air flow.
Also, making sure I get my face very clean before heading off to bed helps.
Still, I do get occasional itches and must undo mask to scratch a bit.

If I plucked my nose hairs I would take chunks of skin with them. I use a battery powered rotary nose hair trimmer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 06:52 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi 431jaro,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Get a nose trimmer to trim the hairs in your nostrils, that should help with the tickling.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

I'm with that too. Having said that, I still get it occasionally too and have to do that middle of the night adjustment to itch or move the pillows around (the nasal kind).
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of good suggestions here. I think maybe a bit of tickling may be normal. Once i also had a persistant tickling. On VERY close examination, i found a tiny strand of lint inside my mask that was wiggling around in the air flow. I called it plenty of names as i extracted it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 01:10 PM)431jaro Wrote: Hi,
After more than a year with my CPAP, I always have my nose tickling, I wake up dozen of time during the night, and now I end up removing the mask while I sleep.
In the morning I recorded 2 to 4 hours of wearing.
I tried all kind of treatments, suck as: vinegar rubbing (smell pickles), Purell aloes, Emo-Cort ointment, allergie pills, all this to no real results.
I stopped using my CPAP for 6 weeks now and it did not change anything, still tired.
Anyone has a suggestion for my tickling nose ??? Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,
Thank you for your response and suggestions, please excuse my English grammar, been using French for the past 55 + years, my nose is more tinkling than tickling all over the exterior surface of the nose.
Hair in the nose trimmed, I cannot wear a pillow mask or nasal, I feel short of air, tried up to 10cm, with full face I have to remove the mask in order to rub the nose. My doctor has no suggestion to offer other than what has been tried.
I found on other post that plenty of peoples have this problem, BUT NO TREATEMENT, offered....
What I really need is a way to stop my ticklish nose from bothering.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been one that has had a lot of itches and tickles on my nose that I had to scratch. After starting CPAP had to make some modifications to my behavior. I used a nasal mask for quite a while not realizing that I was having a lot of mouth leaks. I found that I could sneak a finger under the mask seal without causing too much leak and scratch. I graduated to a full face mask and that skill was no longer applicable.

I found that, if I just tried to ignore the sensation it would either go away or would no longer be an irritant. I still, every now and then, get an itch that is so insistent that I end up being forced to take my mask off and scratch. I am still faced with trying to ignore the itch after I have scratched it but it usually feels less compelling.

Sorry, this is really not much help to you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 08:48 AM)431jaro Wrote: Hello all,
Thank you for your response and suggestions, please excuse my English grammar, been using French for the past 55 + years, my nose is more tinkling than tickling all over the exterior surface of the nose.
Hair in the nose trimmed, I cannot wear a pillow mask or nasal, I feel short of air, tried up to 10cm, with full face I have to remove the mask in order to rub the nose. My doctor has no suggestion to offer other than what has been tried.
I found on other post that plenty of peoples have this problem, BUT NO TREATEMENT, offered....
What I really need is a way to stop my ticklish nose from bothering.

Okay, let me try to clarify what you are saying.

Are you saying your nose is LEAKING? Or your nose is ITCHING?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
seems like tinkling = tingling.... parasthesia even? Do you have rosacea?

in the morning, try putting some blackseed (Nigella sativa) oil on the nose - its an anti-inflammatory that works as well as cortisone without the side effects, but it has aromatic components and may deteriorate the mask if used at night.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.