Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Not understanding the 95th percentile vs Median.
Not understanding the 95th percentile vs Median.
DME downloaded my data. Pressure Median=8.2, 95th Percentile 10.9, Maximum 10.9. I have my machine now at 7-12. Does this sound right to you all? ResMed autoset S9. AHI always below 1.
If I'm at 10.9 for the 95th percentile, should I bump it up?
DME says 7-12 OK, but I'm unsure about this 95th percentile stuff.
Any opinions out there???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not understanding the 95th percentile vs Median.
(05-27-2014, 06:40 PM)ppowers Wrote: DME downloaded my data. Pressure Median=8.2, 95th Percentile 10.9, Maximum 10.9. I have my machine now at 7-12. Does this sound right to you all? ResMed autoset S9. AHI always below 1.
If I'm at 10.9 for the 95th percentile, should I bump it up?
DME says 7-12 OK, but I'm unsure about this 95th percentile stuff.
Any opinions out there???
Sound brilliant to me, don,t mess up with anything
AHI below 1 ... do I hear Champagne cork popping out Too-funny

Median: pressure or leak was at or blow this number for 50% of the night
95th: pressure or leak was at or below this number for 95% of the night
During the remaining 5% of night, the variable is above that number but in this case the machine did not need to go any higher than 95th

Edit: you can download the data on your computer and have nightly record for yourself (yes, won't affect anything)
SleepyHead (works with Mac too) and ResScan download links
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Zonk. Everything looks great, assuming your leaks are under control.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. I took the little card out of my machine (SD) and couldn't insert it into my computer. Just wouldn't go! I'll have to consult a manual or something on my computer. Yes, I would love to see my own data! When I figure it out, I'll download sleepyhead. Will it work with the S9? Thanks again, a BUNCH!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 08:43 PM)ppowers Wrote: Thanks everyone. I took the little card out of my machine (SD) and couldn't insert it into my computer. Just wouldn't go! I'll have to consult a manual or something on my computer. Yes, I would love to see my own data! When I figure it out, I'll download sleepyhead. Will it work with the S9? Thanks again, a BUNCH!

You might need a sdcard to usb adapter. About $10 at your favorite camera department.
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is a slot APPROXIMATELY the width (smaller dimension of the flat size) and approximately the thickness then it is likely an SDCard.

If you have nothing close you need to buy an inexpensive SDCard reader (e.g., on Amazon).

If you have the slot and the card won't fit then likely you have it upside down or backwards. Gently try the other orientations.

The "cut off corner" goes into the computer FIRST, with the cutoff on the RIGHT side as you face towards the slot.

Since you apparently put the SDCard back into the machine (afterwards), likely you know how to do this and that means you just don't have an SDCard slot on your PC.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 10:45 PM)herbm Wrote: The "cut off corner" goes into the computer FIRST, with the cutoff on the RIGHT side as you face towards the slot.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

You can also read the data on the S9 LCD sleep report
All explained in the clinical manual, available via Email ... section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 data guide http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Also if' you've never used your SD card slot before it could have a dummy slot protector in it that you have to remove before inserting the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 10:45 PM)herbm Wrote: The "cut off corner" goes into the computer FIRST, with the cutoff on the RIGHT side as you face towards the slot.

Some SD card slots on computers are upside down, so the cutoff sometimes goes on the left. However, every SD slot I've seen won't let you insert the card wrong side up. Also, the contacts on the card are always near the cutoff side, so the cutoff corner does always go in first.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things....one - lock the card (the switch on the picture posted above) before you plug it into any Windows machine and unlock it before you put it back in your CPAP. It makes the card "read only" for your computer as they tend to write extra files to the card which the CPAP doesn't like. If you computer adds an extra file, your CPAP may say your card is not readable. Don't worry, though, your CPAP will remind you if you forget to unlock the card when you put it back in.

Second: you've got a little room over and under the range your body seems to be using with the CPAP....sounds perfect. Too much below and it takes some apneas to get the machine to bump the pressure up to where you need it and the machine will keep trying to drop your pressure back to the lower number. With too much space above there's no issue...the machine just won't use it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 812 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 819 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 582 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.