Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR results
RE: OSCAR results
You're still using the same settings, I'm not sure what you mean by pressure increase.

There is some steady Flow Limitation, but not too bad. We could raise PS to tackle FL, and/or raise Epap a bit if there's an increase in Obstructives.

But for now, I suggest to hold steady with these settings for a few days and watch for any changes.

Hope you're feeling better. Repost in a day or two.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wrong screen shot for 5 Jul, my error.

[attachment=43183]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks for posting the updated chart.  

The FL decreased, so that's a plus.

Obstructives and CA's increased, but they're showing at the beginning of your sleep.
We call that Sleep-Wake-Junk (SWJ), where you are not yet asleep, so we can discount that.

Hold with current settings for another day and repost.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What causes a night like this:
[attachment=43189]
Post Reply Post Reply
This screenshot above is for July 2nd. The first one that you posted was for July 3rd.
We've never seen the July 2nd screenshot and since then we have made some positive changes.

Your latest screenshot (July 5) looks good:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=43183
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Results for 6 Jul 2022:

Post Reply Post Reply
Great looking chart! As long as you are sleeping well and wake up feeling good, then
I wouldn't change anything going forward. Remember that each night can be different.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a perplexed sole.  My sleep MD (psychiatry) who also operates a sleep lab is unable to down load "RESMED" data; cause of my perplexion.  I am otherwise pleased with their treatment.   I also have a pulmonologist that is qualified as a sleep therapist but when I ask if they could help explain my RESMED data from a dailey OSCAR screen they were a puzzled by what we were viewing.  I feel like the MDs don't want to step on the other's toes.  I don't think any of my doctors have actually gone over a whole night's data from my RESMED. 

So what is sufferer/patient suppose do when and if they feel left in the dark by their MDs.  I see the shrink for "REM Sleep Behavior Disorder "; my wife reports I'm behaving during the night.  

I don't have a lot of MDs to chose from in my area. 

Within the week I have changed from a air touch f20(M) to f30(M) full face mask.  I don't think I'm going to stay with the f30 because its very difficult to achieve a comfortable low leak fitting but it does not leak into my eyes like the f20(m) does.  I think the f30 is less expensive maintenance wise.

I'm still not completely rested in the mornings.  I think that is telling my sleep quality is poor.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 05:03 PM)ovmeadows Wrote: So what is sufferer/patient suppose do when and if they feel left in the dark by their MDs.  I see the shrink for "REM Sleep Behavior Disorder "; my wife reports I'm behaving during the night.  
I'm still not completely rested in the mornings.  I think that is telling my sleep quality is poor.

Most here don't/can't depend on their sleep doctors for help.  It's a rare doctor that will take the time to read your reports and try to analyze them.   That's one of the reasons why you and many others, including myself have been fortunate to find our way here.

No, we're not Doctors, but we can advise on your Sleep Apnea with the help of the OSCAR software and our own personal experiences.  However, some things we may not be able to help you with, like your "REM Sleep Behavior Disorder".

I don't see anything on your graphs that point to this disorder, but then again, I'm not qualified to look for that. This is best handled by the doctors you are currently seeing for this disorder.

As far as which mask to use, I would go for comfort... which feels the best. Because if it does't "feel" comfortable, you are not going to get decent sleep. Plus, having a mask that leaks into your eyes is going to cause you a dry eye problem.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any significance to a pattern like the attached:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.