Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR results
OSCAR results
I have no idea what I'm looking at on the attachment.
I've been on CPAP in the past; awful experience.  Currently on BiPAP (3yrs).  About 6 months ago I discovered no one was really looking at nightly results on any regular or semi regular basis.  Have been trying to educate myself but learning a new language is a real challenge.  Having a real problem getting restful sleep.  My AHI is erratic but often less than 5.   I would say I'm in the mild range more often than not.  Bottom line I'm not well rested after a night's sleep.  
I'm a 1st timer.

[attachment=43157]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR results
Hi ovmeadows,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

Thanks for posting your OSCAR chart.  If you can... would you post another chart showing the entire 5 hours sleep on all the graphs?

The Flow Limitation is a little high, which could be affecting your sleep quality.  We need to see that graph in its entirety.  Use the F12 key (standard view) to take your Screenshot.
That will put everything in order.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 HRS for 3 Jul 2022 attached

[attachment=43160]
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know what the Trigger setting is? Default is Medium. Try raising it to High for tonight. Let's see if that lessens some of the CA's.

Post again tomorrow, then we can look at a little higher PS to help lower Flow Limitations.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trigger was on "low"  raised to "high".
Thanks for help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given it was on low, I would bump it to medium, before going to high.

I don't want to speak for OpalRose, but I believe her suggestion of moving to high was based on it being on Medium, the default.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try high tonight and see how it goes.  If not happy will try medium next night or 2 and go from there.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That's fine, I assumed it was on the default setting, but you can still try the High setting and see how that goes. If it doesn't feel right, put it back to Medium.

When I changed mine from Med to High, I didn't notice a difference in how it felt, but it did lower the CA's.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I made the trigger change from low to high and don't feel much different but my AHI is fine, I think.
Last night attached results attached:

[attachment=43163]
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I would increase my EPAP min to 8 cm. Also, please provide a random 2 to 3 minute zoom that includes the Flow Rate graph. Use the F12 key to take the screenshot. Please don't select the gap around the 03:40 time period for the zoomed screenshot. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,360 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 146 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.