Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR seeting up secod profile
OSCAR seeting up secod profile

Good Afternoon,

Firstly my sincerely appreciation to the community for it's continual development to OSCAR for CPAP users. Much appreciate.
I do hope all in the community remains safe and well during these unfortunate times.

I need some assistance with OSCAR. I need to set a second profile (another user at home) and need to move all "file to a shared external folder
". Previously on Sleephead I could do just that (see attached jpg). And when I switch to OSCAR, I had no need to do so (one 1 user). Now situations has changed and we need the 2 user on 1 computer.

Would appreciate direction on how to do it. I tried searching but no success.

Thank You
Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile
First Part of creating second profile solved. Idiotic of me not to realise there is profile button on the right top. My apologies

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
You failed to mention which OS you are using.  Basically, each OS has a different command instruction set to relocate the data directory.  

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson

Sorry, I am using Mac OS 10.13

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, to change it on a Mac,
In a Mac terminal, type: open -a OSCAR.app --args --datadir New-OSCAR_Data-Directory-Location
Press: <ENTER>
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I screwed up big time.. I had to move data to NAS. Computer HD was dying. I found all my files and moved them accordingly. Then wipe out old MAC 10.13 laptop and had new SSD installed. Here where I screwed up. I switched from Sleepyhead to OSCAR some year plus ago. But with sleepyhead I could just select " different folder " and have all data pulled over.
I just can't/ don't know how to do that with OSCAR. Because it is clean installation I have to setup new profile {even that I cannot say where I want the new folder to reside}. Once a new profile is setup I cannot bring in my old OSCAR data [which is my most up to date one]. Help and direction really needed. I've been at this for couple days now.
Post Reply Post Reply
To set the data directory location on a Mac, open a terminal window and type,
open -a OSCAR.app --args --datadir ThePathToMyNAS_Drive/OSCAR_Data

Replace the "ThePathToMyNAS_Drive", with the actual path to the OSCAR data file location.

EDIT: I just went back and reread your post.  I evidently misunderstood your problem.  Are you saying that you are unable to copy your existing data to its new location? If so, then it sounds like you don't have your permission settings incorrect.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Crimson ,

I've managed to resolve the issue. Phew!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edit Profile gonzalo 5 915 03-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: gonzalo
Thumbsup [Admin Note] Please update your Profile [machine, mask, pressure] SuperSleeper 3 3,247 04-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Updating User Profile / Heated tubing issues pmcgall64 15 2,154 11-16-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile [Admin Note] PLEASE UPDATE YOUR FORUM PROFILE SuperSleeper 2 1,789 05-21-2019, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  How to edit my profile worthog 2 1,463 04-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  spo2 profile: transition to apnea phase? noviceAB 2 1,174 07-23-2018, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Philips Dreamwear Nasal Mask (M) - Mask profile for Resmed Autoset S10? marco7222 4 3,238 06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: SylviaT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.