Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

if I post my OSCAR results, can someone help?
if I post my OSCAR results, can someone help?
I used to have an Ibreeze, had it for 2 months with great results. My equipment provide closed the local office, and I had to go to another branch 45 miles away, and they said they didnt support the Ibreeze, so they gave me a Airsense 11, with horrible results at first. With the help of this forum, we determined the Ibreeze was an APAP, and they had my new machine set for a CPAP. So we changed it, and had slightly better results. But after another month, no real improvement. My AHI, with the Ibreeze was almost never above 2, and usually .5-1.0. With the Airsense, its NEVER below 2, and usually 3.5-5, last night was 7.5, I have seen other people post their OSCAR file, (not sure how to do that yet) and others review it. Is that possible to get some setting suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: if I post my OSCAR results, can someone help?
Download OSCAR, install it on your computer, run OSCAR to create a Profile and import your SD card.

Now, on the Daily page, press F12 to capture an image of the screen to a .PNG file (or choose View/Take Screenshot if F12 doesn't work -- it depends on how your computer is configured). Post a message here and add the PNG file to your post using the Attachments section. See link below on how to attach charts to your post.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because we will have data we can do a much better job of optimizing your therapy.
Post your daily charts as guy suggested and from that we can tell what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Two things.

First your flow limits are high and are driving your pressure up. These are best treated with EPR.

So set EPR =3, Fulltime, not ramp only.

Second you have some positional apnea indicated by clusters of obstructive events caused most likely by chin tucking. Look at your pillow situation, use 1 vs 2 pi)ows, a flatter, less firm pillow the concept being to position your head neck in a rescue breathing type of position. Let us know what you did in this line.
Post Reply Post Reply
is three the highest or lowest? My provider , Health Care Solutions advised I not turn it on at all.....
Post Reply Post Reply
it is considered to be a comfort feature. use it. The results will speak for themselves.

Most who say not to use EPR do so because it MIGHT, only MIGHT, increase the amount of central apnea. IMHO, try it, if Centrals increase more than marginally, and it can, react and correct for what happens. I have asked a number of users to turn EPR off for that reason, but I KNEW that EPR was causing an unacceptable number of central apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 153 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,969 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,830 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.