Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Off-grid power supply for camping/hiking?
Question 
Off-grid power supply for camping/hiking?
love camping, but I have sleep apnea, and use a CPAP.
I do take it camping, but in doing so, away from any AC power supply I have to bring a huge deep cycle battery, which isn't all that portable friendly.

The battery is heavy and hard to lug around, and well, not all that backpack or hiking friendly.

So with that said I am looking for a smaller, lighter fix or replacement for the heavy deep cycle battery.

I know I could go out and buy a travel cpap and a couple of the smaller batteries that goes with them, but I am on a budget and CPAP's are not cheap, much less the small traveling ones and batteries.

So my questions is, how do I figure out how much power my current CPAP uses, and how small of a battery I can get away with using.
Ideally the battery should be good for 2 nights of sleep without recharging.

My CPAP is the Phillips Resperonics Remstar system 1, and the air pressure is nearly maxed out on it at 18cm.

I was looking at the Suaoki 220Wh Portable Generator Power Supply on [commercial web address to Amazon site removed], and was sort of wondering if it would work to power the CPAP for a couple of nights without recharging.

Any help in figuring this out would be great, Thanks.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Off-grid power supply for camping/hiking?
Look on Amazon for the Poweradd Pilot Pro 32000 mAh li-ion power bank. It has an output capacity of 12-volt 5.4 amps and has been demonstrated on running CPAP units up to 2-1/2 + days. Due to limits in peak capacity, it is best to start the Remstar CPAP in ramp and you cannot use the humidifier. It even includes a power tip that works with your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Off-grid power supply for camping/hiking?
Hi LokoLobo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,788 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 623 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 980 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.