Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP On Cruise Ship
CPAP On Cruise Ship
Hi: Anyone go on a cruise from the U.S. and take their CPAP? I couldn't find anything posted on this. My main question is are the electrical outlets on ships standard AC ones or do you need an adapter like Europe?
Thanks/Jeff.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP On Cruise Ship
You will want to contact the cruise line's special needs department to let them know you're bringing a CPAP machine. Most cruise lines will supply you a bottle of distilled water and an extension cord. Electrical outlets are scarce on a cruise ship, but most ships have both American and European outlets.

I'll PM you a link to another board where CPAP on a cruise ship has been discussed at great length.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not been on cruise with CPAP but contact your cruise liner and they be able to tell you
Just reminder, make sure to pack spare mask, hose, filter, etc ... and an extension cord
Maybe surge protector too
Enjoy your cruise
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Airstream,

What everyone has said so far.
Slightly off topic: I wanted to thank you for the help you gave me on turning off my ramp. I finally got a friend to help me with that and it's been working well.
Have a GREAT time on your cruise.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
We had a very pleasant cruise back in July of '06 with my then current S8 AutoSet. The humidifier was left at home as I felt that it wouldn’t be needed in the western Caribbean area. It was not missed at all. Correspondence with the cruise company prior to the trip with reference to your medical equipment has been suggested and is what I did. An extension cord was the only "extra" that was needed for the trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on a cruise in February and the cruise line provided a long 'orange' extension code since the only outlet was on the opposite wall as the bed. They were very nice about it, and ran it along the walls and taped it down so no one would trip over the cord. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2013, 07:40 PM)big_dave Wrote: You will want to contact the cruise line's special needs department to let them know you're bringing a CPAP machine. Most cruise lines will supply you a bottle of distilled water and an extension cord. Electrical outlets are scarce on a cruise ship, but most ships have both American and European outlets.

I'll PM you a link to another board where CPAP on a cruise ship has been discussed at great length.
Thank you big dave. Helpful info- I never even thought of telling the cruise line about it and that outlets are scarce. Thanks! /Jeff/

(12-31-1969, 07:00 PM)scubberleyovid69933345' Wrote: I was on a cruise in February and the cruise line provided a long 'orange' extension code since the only outlet was on the opposite wall as the bed. They were very nice about it, and ran it along the walls and taped it down so no one would trip over the cord. Cool
Thanks for the information scrubberly. Nice of them to provide the cord. /Jeff/

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2013, 07:54 PM)zonk Wrote: I have not been on cruise with CPAP but contact your cruise liner and they be able to tell you
Just reminder, make sure to pack spare mask, hose, filter, etc ... and an extension cord
Maybe surge protector too
Enjoy your cruise
Thanks zonk. The surge protector sounds like a prudent item to bring. Haven't even though of some of this stuff. /Jeff/

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2013, 10:25 AM)RustyBlue Wrote: We had a very pleasant cruise back in July of '06 with my then current S8 AutoSet. The humidifier was left at home as I felt that it wouldn’t be needed in the western Caribbean area. It was not missed at all. Correspondence with the cruise company prior to the trip with reference to your medical equipment has been suggested and is what I did. An extension cord was the only "extra" that was needed for the trip.
Thanks RustyBlue. I am going to the caribbean too. Leaving the humidifier sounds like a good idea. /Jeff/

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2013, 09:49 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Airstream,

What everyone has said so far.
Slightly off topic: I wanted to thank you for the help you gave me on turning off my ramp. I finally got a friend to help me with that and it's been working well.
Have a GREAT time on your cruise.
You are quite welcome trish, although I don't think I helped that much. I am glad to hear you resolved the problem.
If I can ever be on any help feel free to call on me although I am not as knowledgeable as many of the board members here who I know will always offer a hand too. /Jeff/

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP supplies provider takes over 30 days to ship out a new mask MyronH 7 1,313 07-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Any tips on using cpap on cruise ship dwd1249 6 2,510 06-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oxymeters that ship to Canada? eseedhouse 16 4,283 07-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Last Post: HomerJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.