Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Only 2 hour sessions...
Only 2 hour sessions...
Hello Everyone!

I am very much grateful for all your help!

Right now what I have been trying to resolve is the amount of hours I sleep...even though I got the humidifier and there is no leak still, I can only sleep max 2 hours and then wake with dried mouth...

What do I do wrong?

When I tried it the first time I was able to sleep nearly 5 hours at one go but it was only a one off...I have only been using this CPAP for about 6 weeks...

Many thanks for your kind help! 

Em
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Only 2 hour sessions...
Try wearing a cervical collar to close your mouth. Or practice sucking your tounge to the roof of your mouth. Even with the full mask you probably are breathing through your mouth. How high is your humidifier settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gary
Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your advise!

Breathing through my mouth is normally what happens when I asleep - I am a very heavy snorer...:-)

I have just changed the level of humidifier from 4 to 6...the max would be 8...

Will see if it helps...

Many thanks again,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a product designed to alleviate some of the symptoms of dry mouth may help while you are working on your leaks. I use Biotene gel. It is sold at most grocery stores, discount houses and pharmacies.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet is to download the Sleepyhead Software from the link above. With this software loaded you can monitor your treatment and post results to this forum so that members can give you some helpful advice. Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silversnore
Hi Silversnore,

Many thanks for your advise!

I use a web-based data processing tool myAir - it gets all my data wireless and then after a little while of being awaken it sends it through. 

Here I am attaching it...:-)

Thanks

Em    
Post Reply Post Reply
You should try using sleepyhead program it has more info and the people on this site will be able to help you more with it.  Sleepyhead is free.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does MyAir give you this much detail into what is happening

[img][Image: vNQqTcmm.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is fine to see your AHI for the night but useless with respect to providing data than can help you to get it lower. Yours is to high to be considered effective therapy. SleepyHead will provide the data required to optimize your machine settings to get your AHI below 5. Plus you can post SleepyHead data here and get sound advice.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir give your AHI a priority of 5 potential points out of a hundred and gave you the whole score of 4 at an AHI of 6.4, which is clinically unacceptable. It's a B.S. program and you you deserve better treatment. The number of times you remove your mask is not as important as a high hourly rate of apnea, and merely wearing your mask for over 6 hours earns 70 points? Do you really consider that helpful?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 153 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 288 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,223 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 321 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Waking up every hour newtothis1 15 994 12-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  High Apnea events per hour Johnjr 5 565 11-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] O2 ring - multiple sessions during the night larrykay 1 661 07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: larrykay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.