Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Oscar, data formats, DS2, Airsense refurbished
RE: Oscar, data formats, DS2, Airsense refurbished
I was intrigued by what you guys told me about DS1 able to produce Oscar-compatible data.
As I have not returned my DS1 yet, I attacked the problem of removing the foam without breaking the internal plastic case.
It worked!

https://imgur.com/a/KoiXvdv

Now I am tired, but I'll see if I can collect some data in the next few days

Thanks a lot for all the support so far!

Fillmore
Post Reply Post Reply
Multiple attempts to contact the FDA failed. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can contact their consumer complaint people?

The answering machine returns an email address that is not active  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a search and found the following:
FDA.gov: How to Report Product Problems and Complaints to the FDA

FDA.gov: How do I report non-emergencies about medical products: medicines, medical devices, blood products, biologics, special nutritionals?

Form FDA 3500B - Voluntary Reporting Form for Consumers (pdf)

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Saw that. Tried to call 410-779-5713 several times. Only getting an answering machine that advises to either leave a message (I did yesterday, so far no response) or send an email to orabltccc@fda-hhs.gov (email address does not exist).  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
How about filling out the form?

In the form, it has the following:

How can I contact the FDA if I have questions?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2021, 12:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: How about filling out the form?

My idea was that I would talk to a human and get some basic advice on whether I am talking to the right people and how to maximize the chance that the FDA will seriously look at my report, but maybe you are right, I should simply go with the form.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2021, 12:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: How about filling out the form?

In the form, it has the following:

How can I contact the FDA if I have questions?

Ok, thank you for the encouragement, Nape. I called the FDA at the 800 number you provided and (after they transferred my call internally) Bill told me that this does not seem like an issue with the Medical equipment itself, but rather something that is probably that falls under HIPAA and my rights connected to HIPAA. Without prejudice to my choice to still file an FDA form, Bill advised that I do my research and see which agency may assist with HIPAA (CDC? HHS?) and try to contact them.

Probably a good idea, but before I do that, any comments from members of this honorable forum?

Thank you, guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
For good measure, I also filed the FDA form that Crimson recommended. Wish me luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 96 2 hours ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 80 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,300 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 263 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 115 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.