Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Over 2,5 year Ahi Increase
Over 2,5 year Ahi Increase
Hello everybody,

First of all, thank you so much for useful information, I think it is really important that sharing experiences. 

I am 30 yo man who should stop smoking and lose weight a little. Obstructive sleep apnea has diagnosed to me 2.5 years ago and I have been using CPAP machine since then. My sleep study Ahi was 72. The doctor had suggested to me 4-9 cmH2O pressure with the CPAP machine. I have raised to pressure a little bit because I don't feel refresh and energic at mornings. After increasing pressure, it has not changed anything. Actually there are 3 days which I felt well in the mornings. ( It was like I had doping and I haven't felt any tiredness for all-day). I can't say the all other days are a disaster but I am not sure if its are ok or not. It is really hard to compare with "normal people".

Anyhow,

During 2.5 ahi values below 2. But it increased suddenly to (15- 8-7 etc). 

I have added OSCAR software values. I need your advice and opinion for better treatment. If you need any other detail from the programme please inform me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Over 2,5 year Ahi Increase
I think your pressures are to low. The bottom should move from 6.5 to around 12 and the top using auto to 20. The top will not rise unless you need it so 20 may or may not be your high pressure the machine uses. The bottom of 6.5 is nowhere near the amount you have shown on the charts.

The other problem is your leaks. You have not indicated your type of mask or at least I can not see it. You need to put it into the machine so it can calculate the amount of leak that is acceptable. example a full face mask is going to leak more than a pillows mask. If you put it in the program will show a line that is an acceptable amount of leak that the machine can accommodate.

I hope others will weigh in on this also to see what they think.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,368 Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,228 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 416 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 294 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 393 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.