Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Oxygen sensing and recording
RE: Oxygen sensing and recording
(04-21-2016, 12:44 AM)chill Wrote: I used medical tape last night, the kind you would use to tape gauze on. I will also note that you can get this oximeter from eBay sellers in China quite cheaply. Mine arrived in a week.

Please note: Very important that we not make the PO clamp tighter on the finger - not even the least little bit.

One piece of tape can be placed along one side of the finger, only to stabilize the PO from falling off.

A second piece of tape can be placed along the other side of the finger, only to stabilize the PO from falling off.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my CMS50D from Amazon. It cost half of what a one-time DME-supplied SPO2 test did. And SleepyHead does better reports than what I saw the doctor received from the DME afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also results may vary based on mask. my nasal pillows made my energy feel boundless, but I had a silicone sensitivity and moved to fabric masks. The fabric mask apparently didn't work quite as well as my energy levels went down quite a bit (though not to the level of before the original mask) . I did have some mouth leak problems with the nasal... I couldn't stand the head jaw harness that came with my equipment, so I bought a simple stretchy head band that I put around my jaw. It keeps my mouth closed and made a huge difference in how well I slept (I no longer wake up with air shooting out of my mouth), though occaisionally I woke up with my lips sputtering, but I realized that when that happened it was usually because I was having a central apnea.. I noticed I wasn't breathing at all... in other words you won't get the air out of your mouth issue unless you are actually having an apnea. I moved back to the silicone, but use moleskin to protect my nose (by adhesing the moleskin to the mask).

I will say one more thing, you are probably right to be worried that you may still have apnea issues, as the very first day I used the mask I stopped having to pee in the middle of the night (though I did wake up a few times due to mask issues.) so the relief to my heart was instant (considering having to urinate in the middle of the night is consistent with the heart struggling).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nicholasjh1, welcome to Apnea Board!

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 66 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 118 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 612 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 888 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 341 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 502 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 377 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.