Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australian Health Card holders (pensioners)
RE: Australian Health Card holders (pensioners)
Good old QLD 'beautiful one day...... and chaos the next.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2017, 07:47 AM)sirgaw Wrote: Thank you both for your replies.

I've got extras cover on private health insurance (expensive!!!!!) and qualify for a $500 rebate per claim - maximum is $800.

Reading the link sent, the SWEP seems to be for those in the Ballarat and region - I'm in Melbourne, so no good. The Centrelink is a good one and so too is the local public hospital idea - thanks again.

One Melb supplier offers a re-conditioned unit package - any comments please.

Still early days for me - thanks again

David

Hi David
You'll be using the machine for many years to come, don't waste money on re-conditioned unknown CPAP at any price, with the rebate from your private insurance, you can get the best auto data capable machine, something like this ... http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/pro...toset.html or "for Her" version from Australia as machines bought from overseas don't qualify for the rebate. There is no rebate for masks, hoses, and other accessories, I get those from Supplier #10, both suppliers #2 and #10 ship overseas. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 05:57 AM)sirgaw Wrote: T Also the subsidy has increased to $152 per year, which seems a good deal for those who qualify. Anyone know the cost of running a CPAP machine over a year please?

David 

CPAP motor are three phases, these are controlled by a "variable frequency drive", not voltage.

The important of a CPAP is the motor and it consumes very little W, today I checked the consumption of my machine without connecting Humidifier at a fixed pressure of 8cmh2o:
in inspiration 0.360 Amp (50% Time) or 4 Wats,
in expiration the A flex reduces consumption to 0,160 Amp (50% Time) or 1.9 Wats/h
6 divided by 2 = 3 Wats at 8 cm H2O.

If you are 18 cmH2O consider the consumption of its motor 6 or 7 Wats/h the rest of the power of 90 W source is to feed the humidifier and heated hose.

Although it never works continuously, it connects intermittently and the average consumption low enough, I assure you that those 152.00 dollars will cover the electrical consumption of your cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again to ALL who have contributed - much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 91 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 209 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 307 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  CPAP, dry mouth, and poor oral health Liteheart1 10 1,783 09-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  Sleep health tips needed StillHoping 5 1,012 01-21-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: StillHoping
  [Equipment] New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon mesmith9 9 1,379 01-13-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.