Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Oxygen sensing and recording
RE: Oxygen sensing and recording
Thanks to all who have replied with advice. I got the CMS 50F pulsoximeter and used it last night for the first time. Now I want to download the data and look at the data. I have three software applications: SpO2 assistant, SpO2 review v. 1.5, and SPO2. I got as far as this:

I connected the pulsoximeter to the computer (PC ) with the USB cable. The pulsox says v. 3.7.
I opened SpO2 review, and I am at the point where the program says "waiting for data."
I don;t know what to do next.

I talked to someone at Cooper Medical (Supplier #19) and he suggested that I should be able to see "upload" on the wrist mounted menu screen. But I don't see that. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 01:27 PM)shnorrer Wrote: I connected the pulsoximeter to the computer (PC ) with the USB cable. The pulsox says v. 3.7.
I opened SpO2 review, and I am at the point where the program says "waiting for data."

I talked to someone at Cooper Medical (Supplier #19) and he suggested that I should be able to see "upload" on the wrist mounted menu screen. But I don't see that. Any advice?

Is there a booklet with download instructions?

Just a guess, but you may need to turn on the Pulse Ox before connecting it to the computer. Otherwise, perhaps the Pulse Ox will just be charging.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
How to use the software:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

How to import it into SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

If anything has changed in these instructions, please let me know in a PM. That way I can make the updates.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Paula and vshelline! Kevin Cooper of Cooper Medical Supply was very helpful and he sent me downloading instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mongo , Paula, vshelline and others who replied. The instructions from Supplier #19 (Kevin Cooper) were helpful and I am now able to download and look at my overnight data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2014, 12:52 AM)MAPnea Wrote: Hi, shnorrer,
Welcome to Apnea Board! I'm sorry you haven't been very satisfied with CPAP treatment, but I'm glad you are sticking with it and trying to find out more about your treatment. Supplier #19 (just click on the "Supplier List" at the tope of this page) sells recording pulse oximeters. I use the CMS-50D Plus and like it a lot.

I have the same PO and use it a lot. It is the least expensive overnight one on the website where I purchased it and it does the job. I got mine from Supplier #19. Note that I always tape it to my index finger using some Gorilla tape.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 03:15 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 01:27 PM)shnorrer Wrote: I connected the pulsoximeter to the computer (PC ) with the USB cable. The pulsox says v. 3.7.

Is there a booklet with download instructions?

Just a guess, but you may need to turn on the Pulse Ox before connecting it to the computer. Otherwise, perhaps the Pulse Ox will just be charging.

RE: CMS50D Plus- there is a small instruction booklet that some may find difficult to decipher (as in 'lost in translation').

First attach PO to computer using its supplied cord.

Click on the green Sp02 Assistant software icon, name the file, it prompts 'Waiting for Data' but it's NOT downloading at that prompt.

You will literally wait until eternity unless one THEREAFTER turns oximeter ON while connected to computer and scrolls to the device's Menu where it must display 'Record Off'. It will then automatically download.

Dependent on the one-night length of use, download takes ~20-45 seconds.

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you keep the SpO2 monitor on your finger overnight?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 08:11 PM)Maternity Angel Wrote: How do you keep the SpO2 monitor on your finger overnight?

I use it (CMS50D+) and I have had no problem. I am right handed and put it on my left hand. So far so good, I expect it to come off occasionally but so far (a couple weeks) I have had no problem.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I used medical tape last night, the kind you would use to tape gauze on. I will also note that you can get this oximeter from eBay sellers in China quite cheaply. Mine arrived in a week.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 119 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 613 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 888 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 341 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 503 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 377 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.