Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinusitis is worst with CPAP.
RE: Sinusitis is worst with CPAP.
Update.
I got yesterday the Xylar and began with it. It is moving the stuff in my sinus and a little bit goes out. I must wait at least a week to see how really it goes. Any way, is something new for me because I have tried:

NASONEX 50MCG 2 SPRAYS/D
OXYMETAZOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.05% 1/spray/day
VERAMYST 27.5 mcg/spray 2 SPRAYS BILATERAL/DAY
ALBUTEROL SULFATE 0.083% 1 SPRAY/D
ZETONNA 37mcg/PUFF 1 SPRAY/NOSTRIL
SINUS CLEANSE SALINE SOLUTION 1 SPRAY/D NASAL WASH
Flonase.
Azelastine HCL 137 MCG/L 2 SPRAYS BILATERAL, TWICE A DAY
Fluticasone Propionate 50 mcg 2 sprays bilateral/1 day.
BENZEDREX 2 PUFFS/DAY
If you read the components there are nothing new in all of them, there are different brands but they got the same components. After you try a few of them , if you change the spray , you are only changing the brand because the components are the same. The Xylar is different and now I am testing it.

-About the changes in the temperature and humidifier settings I will wait 2 or 3 weeks more, because I still really don't know what I am doing. I Understand very well your statements., that maybe are another setting that are better for me.
-I want to thank all of you because my Dr. is almost unreachable, I got the next appointment in 7 weeks and I feel alone. The only real relief valve that I got is this forum.
Ralph.
Note: I don't have any medical education or experience, I am only a newbie in this CPAP stuff in need of help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could ask your ENT doctor about Pulmicort Nebuamp. The primary use of this is for Asthma, but my doctor has me doing a nasal rinse with it. For me the results have not been great, but it might be worth trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to try Astelin nasal spray. It's an anthistimine rather than steroidal.

I also recommend the NeilMed sinus rinse kit.

You may want to try a heated hose or hose insulation, or both. It will allow you to raise the humidity level higher.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 432 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,771 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 564 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Sinusitis and Cpap Use jimk4490 14 1,522 01-09-2023, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts LBTRS 14 1,588 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Worst Night Ever bruce46219 7 1,034 11-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bruce46219
  Looks like I got the WORST DME in history Broomstick 11 2,402 10-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: snorenomore0305

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.