Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Philips DreamCatcher
Philips DreamCatcher
Hi, I have only recently started using a CPAP machine and downloaded the advised Software for it. My question is, how do i read the information from the Memory Card? Once I download the data, i am unsure what it all means? Is there a guide for dummies out there somewhere that people could advise? I live on a small island in Australia and don't have access to a supplier for any information.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips DreamCatcher
Download Sleepyhead to your computer so you can download your data there. (link at the top of this page under the Apnea Board banner)

There is a lot of guidance there.

This link to the Beginner Guide here on the Apnea Board is useful in what you are looking for as well.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brinkabill,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, thanks for your response. I have the Sleepyhead software already and can download my data no problems. I guess the issue I have is that I dont actually understand what all the information means?
Hope this makes sense?

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2016, 06:23 AM)Brinkabill Wrote: Hi, thanks for your response. I have the Sleepyhead software already and can download my data no problems. I guess the issue I have is that I dont actually understand what all the information means?
Hope this makes sense?

Cheers

Cheers, Brinkabill.Welcome

After you post a couple of more times it will be easy to post screen shots from a third party service to let the experts on the forum look at your data. In the meantime, use this link to learn how to organize your charts for easier reading. There is a link on that page to a page describing how to take a screenshot of your SleepyHead charts. There is another link on the second page to a page detailing how to use imgur to post your shots. If you already use a third party image site you can adapt those instructions to use it instead.

Regards,

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Brinkabill. When you're in the SleepyHead program, if you hold your cursor over the left side of any of the graphs, a definition of what that graph shows will appear. You can also change the scale on the graph by right-clicking in that area.

Here's a link to definitions used in discussing sleep, sleep apnea, and CPAP machine performance.

Link to Apnea Board Wiki.

Link to Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead. This guide is terrific, but it's long and detailed. You may find it helpful to print it out then highlight or mark the parts that you find useful right now.

There's a whole body of knowledge about sleep apnea that you can learn from reading this material and hanging around this forum. There can be a problem with knowing where to start, though. It's a bit like being served a five-course meal all at once with no way to identify the entree. You may only want the entree and prefer to skip the extras like soup and dessert, but I'm not sure we have a guide marked "Entree Only". If we do, someone else will probably point it out, and I'll then be sure to make a note of it for future reference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,219 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,922 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,070 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 225 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.