Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor
RE: Wrist Oxygen Monitor
Yes, you are right Crimson Nape. Thank you for jumping in.[Image: oh-jeez.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I see what you mean. It gives you the year, month, day, & (24hr) time of day. I do have numbers like that. It will be much easier for me to just add a few more columns to the 10 readings I write down every day manually on graph paper. I'll get it from the ViHealth app. on my i-Phone for now. It has 11 different O2 stats that are very helpful, and more usable than the Insight Pro software for me. Thanks for your help - I might mess with it later.  

By the way, it's a great product so far. Very useful "tool" to use with or without a CPAP machine. I'm very curious to see what happens without the machine while only using a cervical collar & Oximeter. (great snore test) The combination of a collar and the ASV machine has produced consistent AHI & AI numbers of zero/zero. Hmm... 

I only use 5 stats: Average time used per night 6-7 hrs.

1) Lowest O2 below 90%

2) 95-100 total %            }
3) 90-94 total %              } - These 3 add up to 100% of the total time.
4) Less than 90 total %    }

5) Duration less than 90% - time in minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2023, 12:23 PM)ItsComplicated Wrote: My experience with the wrist models from Viatom is not good.  The weakest link, in my opinion, is where the ring sensor plugs into the wrist monitor.  I have had both wrist models, and they failed rather quickly.  My theory is 1) the quality of these plug-in connectors should be better, and 2) you are moving around with the ring sensor plugged into the wrist monitor.  This movement could, in my opinion, cause the connector to fail sooner.  So far, I am doing great with the finger model.  The only time it is plugged in, it is stationary and charging.  When it is on your finger, it is not connected. 

I wish I saw your post before I purchased the device. After I got it and looked at it looks like the device was purposefully designed to not last long:
  • rechargeable battery instead of replaceable (not sure how hard it will be replace it), which gives time about 2 years, though to be fair everyone now is doing it and sadly people don't mind
  • the oxygen sensor has very thin layer on bottom, which looks like it will break after putting and removing sensor or putting your hand in a pocket while the sensor is on
  • they use micro USB ports - those ports are the least durable (they have least number of plugging unplugging before they work, and the device requires you to unplug sensor to charge it or to copy data to computer).

I'm thinking to either buy micro USB extension to reduce the wear out of it or perhaps returning it. It sucks, because other than those things I kind of like it. I think we need some campaign to bring awareness to planned obsolescence tricks many companies are doing to sell more of their devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Soooooooo, I got the O2 Ring.

Decided to check FDA's website to see if they had a 501(k) clearance for the Ring. They claim it's FDA cleared. However the Ring doesn't have a clearance.

Sent them an email asking for the 501k number.

Answer was "hi friend, why do you need the FDA"?

Seems a little.....sketchy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you looked for Wellue, then that was the problem.  The company is Viatom. They use Wellue in certain markets due to name complaints from closely named companies (Viacom).

Here is the FDA registration number:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrIpts/c...6&lpcd=PGJ

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, I looked for Viatom in the 510(k) database and it's not there.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/devi...clearances

If you look at Turner Medical the link to the 510(k)'s for the device's they sell.

Not sure what to make of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Followup:

Got an email from their tech support this morning:

"Sorry to tell you that o2ring is not FDA approved.

Checkme O2 is FDA approved.

https://getwellue.com/products/checkme-o...e-oximeter

Kinds,"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 527 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,063 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 418 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.