Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comfortgel BLUE liner question
Comfortgel BLUE liner question
after wearing the large comfortgel BLUE ffm for about 30 minutes, the gel conforms to my face, but the liner develops a wrinkles in it near the mouth curves.

I'm using an S9 with 21/15 bi-pap settings, so wrinkles are in invitation to leaks.
while my DME fit me for the mask, I starting to think that it may be too large..

anyone else have an issue like this?

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comfortgel BLUE liner question
Hi Denial Dave,
First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Maybe you could have your DME switch you to a slightly smaller mask to see if that might help you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
you can ask to try one size smaller and see how it goes
hows the leak. if over tighten the straps .. the cushion get meshed against the face and would crease
there are other types of full face masks like the Mirage liberty .. smaller full face mask cover the mouth nasal pillows for the nose

Post Reply Post Reply
I start with leaks right where the wrinkles appear and then while chasing them, leaks at my eye appear.

I''ve had it so loose that the forehead part is off of my forehead. No success.

A call to my provider is next.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Denial Dave,
I was just looking on another thread you were on a few days back, "Newby Question re mild sleep apnea," and you mentioned your 25th anniversary;
HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

I'm back to using a Quattro fx mask, it's a great mask but the seal won't hold up to my active sleeping habits.

Sometime between 1 and 3 a.m. it'll spring a leak that will cause a shark fin spike in my ahi.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the same mask. I found the Phillpis web site has usefull video information about fitting and leaks in the middle of the night. I also have the liberty and the FX. Neither work as good for me as the comfort gel. I used the liberty to correct an open sore on the bridge of my nose I got after 3 months use of the comfort gel mask. I also tried the fx. It seems to fit better but my ahi's increase even if I notice no leaks. The liberty pumped so much air up my nose I thought I was the space shuttle rocket. And the pillows would blow out. My intake and exhale pressures are the same as yours. Each mask seems to have some problem. it seems different types of masks work with different types of people. Good luck.. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turns out the mask is the correct size. It is the shape of my face and set back chin causing the wrinkles in the liner.

I'm now issued a Quattro ffm
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2012, 02:04 PM)Denial Dave Wrote: Turns out the mask is the correct size. It is the shape of my face and set back chin causing the wrinkles in the liner.

I'm now issued a Quattro ffm

I tried the comfortgel blue and it was ok(I would have got it), but it put too much pressure on my cheekbones which was painful when the straps were tightened at threshold. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do the red, green, blue and black blocks mean on the Oscar daily page? crazypiglady 3 460 11-12-2023, 01:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dreamwear FFM & Padacheek liner Summer 0 382 01-22-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Summer
  Is it worth trying to use Blue Cross insurance? cannongeorge 0 770 12-26-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: cannongeorge
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 454 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  mask liner for resmed airfit F30i? cberistain 24 5,885 02-27-2022, 11:08 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Blue cover for tubing for winter use Maggie 8 996 12-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Last Post: NelsonM
  AirFit F20 homemade Mask Liner Kosoku 28 12,519 08-30-2021, 05:54 AM
Last Post: EquineLvr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.