Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Philips Respironics System One Fell on hardwood floor
Hi All. 
I really haven't had any real need to join any forum but I need some advice.
I am presently using a Philips Respironics System One with heated tube. It is about 3 or 4 years old.
Last night, I accidentally managed to pull the entire unit off the 2 foot high end table by the bed. The noise woke me up. 
The humidifier section detached but no water had spilled and I simply reconnected the 2 halves together. It seems to operate OK and doesn't make any significant audible noise. Are these machines delicate or are they fairly durable?
Post Reply Post Reply
The machines are solid state and pretty durable. The humidifier is designed with what is called a "dry box" which in most cases will prevent water from flowing back to the blower, even with a drop. The most fragile part is the tabs that hold the sections together, and those apparently survived on your unit.

I keep my unit in a drawer next to the bed with the hose going through a 2-inch hole in the back of the cabinet. That one will never drop. Another approach is to suspend your hose on a headboard, the wall or a hanger made for the purpose like the "hose buddy". Any number of ways you can prevent the machine from being pulled off the night stand. You got lucky, but don't push it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cam1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you were fortunate this time around.
I use a hose lift, it is made by Arden Innovations. You should be able to find it at the suppliers list here on the board.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Cam1.  My first machine was a PR System 1 and it was a rental for the first 30 days.  In that time period, I pulled it off the night stand, not once but twice.  (I guess I was a slow learner in securing it properly.) The second time I managed to pull the humidifier door right off the hinges.  I thought the machine was finished but I managed to put it back together and it kept working until I returned it for an auto machine a couple of weeks later.  Moral of the story.  It took a beating and kept on going.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 09:37 PM)cam1 Wrote: Hi All. 
I really haven't had any real need to join any forum but I need some advice.
I am presently using a Philips Respironics System One with heated tube. It is about 3 or 4 years old.
Last night, I accidentally managed to pull the entire unit off the 2 foot high end table by the bed. The noise woke me up. 
The humidifier section detached but no water had spilled and I simply reconnected the 2 halves together. It seems to operate OK and doesn't make any significant audible noise. Are these machines delicate or are they fairly durable?

Thank you! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 10:12 AM)Fedman Wrote: Hi Cam1.  My first machine was a PR System 1 and it was a rental for the first 30 days.  In that time period, I pulled it off the night stand, not once but twice.  (I guess I was a slow learner in securing it properly.) The second time I managed to pull the humidifier door right off the hinges.  I thought the machine was finished but I managed to put it back together and it kept working until I returned it for an auto machine a couple of weeks later.  Moral of the story.  It took a beating and kept on going.
Post Reply Post Reply

When I saw the "headline" for the thread my first reaction was - "is the floor OK?"-  Seriously, they are amazingly sturdy, but as suggested above, don't push it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips-Respironics Series 60 REMstar SE REF 220P - Is this a cpap with auto mybookroom 4 116 08-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Is SDHC suitable for REMSTAR System One DS56? asdftalk 6 97 08-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: asdftalk
  [Admin Note] WANTED: CLINICIAN SETUP MANUAL for 60-series PR System One REMstar Plus w/ C-Flex SuperSleeper 2 127 08-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station Weird Tolkienish Figure 128 46,039 08-16-2017, 02:20 AM
Last Post: JeffT
  [CPAP] Respironics M-Series BiPap Auto Question Dawnstar 6 169 08-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Respironics BiPap A40 petnew 2 115 08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Pilot-24 CPAP Battery System from Medistrom sonicboom 16 6,337 08-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes