Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Philips Respironics System One Fell on hardwood floor
Philips Respironics System One Fell on hardwood floor
Hi All. 
I really haven't had any real need to join any forum but I need some advice.
I am presently using a Philips Respironics System One with heated tube. It is about 3 or 4 years old.
Last night, I accidentally managed to pull the entire unit off the 2 foot high end table by the bed. The noise woke me up. 
The humidifier section detached but no water had spilled and I simply reconnected the 2 halves together. It seems to operate OK and doesn't make any significant audible noise. Are these machines delicate or are they fairly durable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One Fell on hardwood floor
The machines are solid state and pretty durable. The humidifier is designed with what is called a "dry box" which in most cases will prevent water from flowing back to the blower, even with a drop. The most fragile part is the tabs that hold the sections together, and those apparently survived on your unit.

I keep my unit in a drawer next to the bed with the hose going through a 2-inch hole in the back of the cabinet. That one will never drop. Another approach is to suspend your hose on a headboard, the wall or a hanger made for the purpose like the "hose buddy". Any number of ways you can prevent the machine from being pulled off the night stand. You got lucky, but don't push it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cam1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you were fortunate this time around.
I use a hose lift, it is made by Arden Innovations. You should be able to find it at the suppliers list here on the board.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cam1.  My first machine was a PR System 1 and it was a rental for the first 30 days.  In that time period, I pulled it off the night stand, not once but twice.  (I guess I was a slow learner in securing it properly.) The second time I managed to pull the humidifier door right off the hinges.  I thought the machine was finished but I managed to put it back together and it kept working until I returned it for an auto machine a couple of weeks later.  Moral of the story.  It took a beating and kept on going.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 09:37 PM)cam1 Wrote: Hi All. 
I really haven't had any real need to join any forum but I need some advice.
I am presently using a Philips Respironics System One with heated tube. It is about 3 or 4 years old.
Last night, I accidentally managed to pull the entire unit off the 2 foot high end table by the bed. The noise woke me up. 
The humidifier section detached but no water had spilled and I simply reconnected the 2 halves together. It seems to operate OK and doesn't make any significant audible noise. Are these machines delicate or are they fairly durable?

Thank you! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 10:12 AM)Fedman Wrote: Hi Cam1.  My first machine was a PR System 1 and it was a rental for the first 30 days.  In that time period, I pulled it off the night stand, not once but twice.  (I guess I was a slow learner in securing it properly.) The second time I managed to pull the humidifier door right off the hinges.  I thought the machine was finished but I managed to put it back together and it kept working until I returned it for an auto machine a couple of weeks later.  Moral of the story.  It took a beating and kept on going.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I saw the "headline" for the thread my first reaction was - "is the floor OK?"-  Seriously, they are amazingly sturdy, but as suggested above, don't push it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,219 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,918 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,813 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 219 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.