Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Philips respironics help needed...
Philips respironics help needed...
Hi Everyone, I have been on CPAP since early October last year.

I was diagnosed with moderate apnea of 27. I was prescribed a pressure of 9 and have worked my way up to 11. My doctor is not a fan of auto machines or of patients making decisions!! I have been an Insulin dependent diabetic since 1970 so am used to looking after myself.

I have a Philips REMstar Pro C-Flex+, with heated tube and humidifier, usingg a Philips Nuance gel pillow mask.
Can anyone tell me of this machine has an auto mode where the machine will change the pressure as required?

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips respironics help needed...
Hi Aussie Paul,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure of the answer to your question regarding your machine, but Hang in there and someone will be along to help you.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 02:28 AM)Aussie Paul Wrote: I have a Philips REMstar Pro C-Flex+, with heated tube and humidifier, usingg a Philips Nuance gel pillow mask.
Can anyone tell me of this machine has an auto mode where the machine will change the pressure as required?

Hi Aussie Paul, welcome to Apnea Board!

Some of the Respironics PRO machines which have IQ in the name may be put in auto-titrating mode for a few days, now and again, and then put back in CPAP mode, but only until a total of 30 days have been used in Auto mode.

Here is a link to what I think is the 2009 User Manual for your machine:
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...exPlus.pdf

The Clinician set-up manual would list all the capabilities for your machine and how to change the settings. You would need to request a copy by email, following exact directions here (directions are near the bottom of the long webpage):
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 02:28 AM)Aussie Paul Wrote: Hi Everyone, I have been on CPAP since early October last year.

I was diagnosed with moderate apnea of 27. I was prescribed a pressure of 9 and have worked my way up to 11. My doctor is not a fan of auto machines or of patients making decisions!! I have been an Insulin dependent diabetic since 1970 so am used to looking after myself.

I have a Philips REMstar Pro C-Flex+, with heated tube and humidifier, usingg a Philips Nuance gel pillow mask.

Aussie Paul. Smile

No! That machine will not change pressure, it only has some exhalation pressure relief. Not only that but your doc gave you a data brick that doesn't let you evaluate the efficacy of your treatment. That is a CPAP that delivers an outdated pressure relief (Cflex), and only compliance data. At least the updated 60 series pro has data and allows a heated hose humidifier. I would not have the OUTDATED model 450 you got stuck with, and for which you paid way too much money.

Screw the doc...get a machine that works on craigslist, seconwind or another source. I bought a Philips Respironics System 1 60 series BiPAP Auto model 760 today for $350. It has 116 hours and I don't have to answer to anyone as to how I set it up. Last month I bought a PRS1 60 series Auto Model 560 for $200. That's less than the deductible and copay on an insured machine. Get your lawful prescription for supplies and get your own damn machine and lose the autocratic doc.

Rant over...Your untreated AHI is not too bad and CPAP is probably fine, but you deserve to be able to see the results by looking at software and making adjustment for comfort and efficacy that quantitatively work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Rant over...Your untreated AHI is not too bad and CPAP is probably fine, but you deserve to be able to see the results by looking at software and making adjustment for comfort and efficacy that quantitatively work.
==============================

Ok, thanks for the replies. I got my machine free, only had to pay for the mask. I use the Sleepy Head software to download the info from the SD card. On a steep learning curve at the moment.

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 02:28 AM)Aussie Paul Wrote: Hi Everyone, I have been on CPAP since early October last year.

Aussie Paul. Smile

Sounds just like my sleep doctor, Dr. Spring who also is not an advocate for Auto machines...

Post Reply Post Reply

Sounds just like my sleep doctor, Dr. Spring who also is not an advocate for Auto machines...
====================
That is him Mutineer.

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,861 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,464 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.