Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Pillow
Does anyone use a special pillow to sleep with? I'm thinking of getting a nasal mask but am afraid it may come off or leak when using regular pillow. I have seen them for sale on websites, just want to know if they are good to use.

If you use a CPAP pillow what kind? Or does anyone have a suggestion on which to try?

Jamie
Post Reply Post Reply
I've looked at those pillows but never found one that I was tempted to sleep on. I'm currently using is an ultra-soft memory foam pillow from the Sleep Number bed company. I find it extremely comfortable without causing too many leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-my-pillow
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ed-pillows
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ull-pillow

I got a "duplex" pillow that has millet on one side and buckwheat on the other. I like both sides, really. But what I like is I can make it shaped to fit me and my full face mask and it basically retains that shape all night. I had to remove a lot of the hulls (it is made overfull on purpose) on the buckwheat side (which decreased the millet side).

If you like a soft, squishy pillow, millet is not for you. Buckwheat is better but not by much.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

I have a latex pillow from Sapsa bedding. It's not designed for Cpap use but it works real well for me. It is perforated with large holes throughout and a little thinner than normal. I've found that firmer pillows work better with masks. This pillow is firm but squishy since it's latex.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Inky1,
I use a buckwheat hull pillow and like it very much.
I can shape it in such a way that when I sleep on my stomach, I can hang my mask off of it and have no problems.
Good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper. I just started using one I got from Amazon about a week ago.
I really like it. One problem: I was just using the edge of a regular fluffy pillow.
That made it difficult to roll on my back.
With the "special" pillow, I start out great; but do now find myself on my back.
I guess I need a pressure switch and a spark coil to awaken me when on my back! (Do not try this at home.)
really, I'll just have to put something behind my back.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise BoyrauchS 4 179 08-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: BoyrauchS
  Recommend a mask to me? Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow? mraroid 3 178 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  CPAP pillow use regbeach 6 325 06-21-2017, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow. smiledog 19 887 06-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Trying to move to nasal/pillow mask. Leaks? tedgreen 12 503 06-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New DreamWear Pillow mask! DanPrado 4 536 05-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: jhuckabyjr
  Newbie here, Pillow, Nasal or Mask? And my condition Navi 15 696 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Surfbear