Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Pillow
CPAP Pillow
Question: Does a CPAP pillow help in preventing mask from shifting overnight. Thanks in advance.[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Pillow
I side sleep with a full face mask. I find that although I can do it with an ordinary pillow, a CPAP pillow makes it easier not to bump the mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I side sleep and have tried a CPAP pillow. It did not help me at the time and I am now doing fine with a regular pillow.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone else suggested in another thread to use a silk pillow case. That has helped me. Less resistance.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different mask, F&P nasal-only mask but I find the cpap pillow to be very helpful to me. I have much lower leakage as indicated by the Leak stats in Rescan. I especially notice it when I travel and don't have my own pillow with it.

My recommendation is to explore more than one cpap pillow because some are much firmer than others due to differences in memory-foam and other fillers. If you already don't like the firmness level of the regular memory-foam pillow without your headgear you probably won't like a memory-foam cpap pillow with it on either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2016, 02:45 PM)jonpolak Wrote: My recommendation is to explore more than one cpap pillow because some are much firmer than others due to differences in memory-foam and other fillers. If you already don't like the firmness level of the regular memory-foam pillow without your headgear you probably won't like a memory-foam cpap pillow with it on either.

yep - i bought a cpap pillow (online) and turned out to be a little less comfy than sleeping on a rock!

have now been using a buckwheat pillow with success. It just molds to whatever position you want and everything stays in place. Love it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a pillow I got from my DME. It's fairly thick, firm, and rectangular with cutouts on the ends. I would use it even if I wasn't using my machine, since I sleep on my side.
Recently I ran across a range from a company called Z&Z Medical, all under the category called 'cervical pillows'; it's worth checking out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another buckwheat pillow fan here.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.