Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Pillow
CPAP Pillow
Since 2016, I have been using the ResMed Airfit P10, along with the CPAP Max 2.0 pillow, specifically so that my pillow doesn’t move the pillows from my nose and getting the whoosh treatment that can wake me up. Also, it helps keep the hose out of the way. I am predominantly a side sleeper, moving from one side to the other throughout the night, and sometimes I sleep on my stomach and turn my head to one side or the other. Now, I am looking to make a change since on occasion I tend to get a sore neck, even though the pillow is adjustable. In my research of CPAP pillows, I have narrowed down the list to the following memory foam pillows:
·      Endurimed CPAP Comfort Pillow, or
·      Lunderg CPAP Pillow

Also, I am considering non-memory foam pillows to potentially help with my neck soreness, thinking that the memory foam might be causing some of the issues.

I am considering the following polyester fiberfill pillow:
·      Core Double Edge CPAP Pillow

Or, the following 100% Shropshire wool pillow:
·      Contoured Side Sleeper Pillow

Or, the following feather and down pillow:
·      Czech Feather & Down CPAP pillow

And lastly, I am looking at the following buckwheat pillows:
·      Duplex Night Pillow, or
·      Comfysleep Buckwheat Pillow

If any of you on the forum have used any of the above pillows, I’d be interested in your comments, both pros and cons.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Pillow
I am hooked on the buckwheat pillow. Mine came from PineTales.com. They are American made in Arizona. The pillow is firm and the buckwheat hulls can be pushed around to accommodate your needs. I tried the memory foam CPAP pillows and they are ok but the buckwheat is the next best thing.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input Rcgop.
Post Reply Post Reply
That pillow is huge, and useless for comfort other than what they claim. I use a nice medium fill down pillow. I bet I've been using the P10 longer. Find something comfortable. Contoured pillows are just useless compared to a pillow that can be shaped as you need. Don't get me wrong. You can spend over $100 on a top quality down pillow, but these CPAP things are usually worse than what you can buy from the store.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, you need something you can shape. But not all buckwheat pillows are huge. They come in all sizes. They even make buckwheat dog beds.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the things I like about the CPAP pillows is the cutaway for the mask/hose. I've tried traditional pillows that you can shape however you want, and they work OK when I first lay down and get it into position, however, once I am asleep and shift positions, they tend to cause the mask/hose to move and the nose pillows shift and leak. Then it wakes me up and I have to start all over again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2022, 09:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That pillow is huge, and useless for comfort other than what they claim. I use a nice medium fill down pillow.  I bet I've been using the P10 longer.  Find something comfortable. Contoured pillows are just useless compared to a pillow that can be shaped as you need. Don't get me wrong. You can spend over $100 on a top quality down pillow, but these CPAP things are usually worse than what you can buy from the store.

Just curious if you have used one of the pillows I've listed? I'd be interested in hearing feedback on your specific use of one/any of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I have tried some contour and memory foam pillows in the distant past, and they weren't for me. I have stuck with down/feather pillows for quite a while, and don't appreciate the "wrong" pillow when I have to stay at hotels. You have my blessings to "sleep around" and find what suits you best. I know of no better way to discover what works and what doesn't. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Lunderg for several months and thought it was excellent for my needs until I had knee replacement surgery and now sleep on my back and use a neck roll pillow. The thing with pillows, as you know, what works for some fail for others. I bought the Lunderg on Amazon and it came with a 30-day return policy which I never exercised.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the Lumberg pillow for almost a year now.  Being a side sleeper, the cutouts definitely help with the mask/hose issue, and the height of the pillow is perfect for me.

Good luck!
Dammit, Jim - I'm an engineer, not a doctor!!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 664 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.