Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Please help
Please help
Can anyone tell me about my pulse oximeter reading and the Rescan reading. Am I on the right path ? Before starting the use of a CPAP machine my AHI was 28 , my body weight was 149 . My weight is 145 now.

10/9/2014 Device: S9 Auto 25
SpO2 - %
Minimum: 49 Median: 94 Maximum: 99
SpO2 was less than 90%: 01:34:35 SpO2 was less than 80%: 00:35:36 SpO2 was less than 70%: 00:11:05
Pulse Rate - bpm
Minimum: 26 Median: 53 Maximum: 214
ODI
ODI for the session: 9

Since I am not allowed to post images i am posting the links

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/h...4446_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/h...3084_o.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help
(10-10-2014, 02:06 PM)clay camel Wrote: Can anyone tell me about my pulse oximeter reading and the Rescan reading. Am I on the right path ? Before starting the use of a CPAP machine my AHI was 28 , my body weight was 149 . My weight is 145 now.
Welcome to the forum, clay camel
Congrats on the weight loss. The right pass is to feel better on PAP but that might take some time, the body need time to recover

The aim is to sleep with the mask all night, feel better, AHI below 5, leak below 24 L/m but not the end of world if goes a little over
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
I am a bit of a newbie myself (got APAP on Sept 20th) and am not currently using a pulse oxy meter (though I would love to!).

Question for you - in the post itself you list the S9 Auto 25 but in the profile it lists the S9 Elite; the S9 Elite is a straight CPAP whereas the S9 AutoSet automatically adjusts breath by breath to deliver the lowest therapeutic pressure.

The machine being used will affect your treatment.

Also, I Highly recommend using the SleepyHead software; it is much more understandable than ResScan, at least for me (GRIN!).

I just checked the link for the SleepyHead (SH) software, at the top of this page, and here is the info on O2 compatibility:
##As of 0.9.8, SleepyHead works with the full range of Contec CMS50 series of Oximeters (and clones, like Pulox) either standalone or synced with CPAP data.

SleepyHead also supports ResMed and PRS1 oximeter attachments, and file import from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeters.##
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi clay camel,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Clay Camel - fixed the links for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all , thanks a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/h...1345_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/h...1491_n.jpg

These are from my sleepy head and setting page of my CPAP machine. Should I make any changes ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed your links again (although the 2nd one is broken).

As long as the AHI is below 5 and as long as you are feeling like you are getting good sleep, no changes are necessary.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
And your accidental leaks are less than 24 l/min!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaulaO2 and PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.