Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you getting the N30i mask or not? Include a short WHY.
This poll is closed.
YES
61.11%
11 61.11%
NO
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask
RE: Poll on ResMed N30i mask
I'm content with my AirFit F20. Then again, that's the only one I've ever used. I'm a mouth-breather and can't stand the thought of having air forced up my nose.  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yes I plan to buy one of these masks in the near future. I have the DreamWear and my only complaint with it is being able to keep a seal with it. From others comments/reviews it sounds like this mask has it all; is comfy, has the hose attachment at the top of the head with a quick release and is said to stay pretty secure on people's nose even when rolling over in bed. Unfortunately for me, all CPAP purchases are out of pocket as I reached my private insurance lifetime cap a few years ago.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
In response to my "Yes" answer on the poll. The Respironics DreamWear was comfortable but leaked when I slept on my side. Therefore, it appears that the N30i may have a stronger construction that will work well for side-sleepers. You takes your money and your chances.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought it because I was curious.  I’ve only used the p10 mask and wanted to see how I’d like one with the hose attachment on top.
I find it very noisy compared with the P10 and it frequently slides away from my nose when I’m turning.  I’m a side sleeper.  It also seems to press against my nose uncomfortably.  I don’t sleep well with it and then when i switch back to the P10, which is so much more comfortable. 
Since I  spent 139 Canadian dollars for it, I want to get my money’s worth, but I’m not loving it.  And, my insurance doesn’t want to pay for it, either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No. I have been using the Dreamwear Nasal cushion and I'm not having any problems with mask fit and I'm pretty happy with it. It could be a little noisy but from reports the N30i seems to be to. There are also reports that N30i causes a bit irritation in the nose. I also like the interchangeable options of the Dreamwear that is is not currently available in the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the N30i on Thursday...by far, my favorite mask out of all of the ones i've tried. I was swapping back and forth between the Resmed N20 and the Phillips Dreamwear...i liked the dreamwear...but in my opinion, the N30i is so much better...the fit, and the comfort. I like the rigid nose brace with the soft cushion...it doesn't slip side to side when I lay on my side....the frame is much more comfortable and it is quiet. I like the the typical Resmed quick disconnect elbow on top. This is my new nightly mask.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 4 309 4 hours ago
Last Post: Vitamin J
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i Kev73 64 3,553 7 hours ago
Last Post: Esq.
  S9 Autoset goes to Max pressure with N30i mask elliotg 9 195 02-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation and N30i - which mask setting? DanPrado 3 244 02-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
Question Comparison of ResMed AirFit P10 & Philips DreamWear Nasal Pillow (not Cushion) Mask? bonum.noctem 17 1,371 01-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: bonum.noctem
Wink [News] ResMed AirFit N30i srlevine1 0 223 01-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  P10 vs N30i vs DreamWear Dog Slobber 5 502 11-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.