Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you getting the N30i mask or not? Include a short WHY.
This poll is closed.
YES
62.07%
18 62.07%
NO
37.93%
11 37.93%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask
Poll on ResMed N30i mask
As in the title, here’s a poll on the N30i, posed as a YES / NO question on would you buy or not and why. Those that already purchased, tried, or otherwise have hands on experience that helped you decide, please vote as well. Thanks for your time and input.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Poll on ResMed N30i mask
Yes, I have been using this mask every night for almost 3 months now (I purchased before US introduction from Canada). After trying over a dozen masks in the 1 year since starting CPAP, this is the only mask that ticks all the boxes for me. Comfort, stability, minimalist, & doesn't leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, since the end of November. Adjusted right it's very stable, doesn't shift on your head. Smooth cushions, barely feel it.

For me, the best thing is the hose on top. If you use a hose buddy it's like there is no hose. As for the noise, the sound of my ins/exp helps me fall asleep.

I have 5 masks & it,s my #2  4 P10 still#1.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Haven't tried it and don't care to, for now. I have a PR Dreamwear, which I've tried with both nas-pil and nas-cush nosepieces, and I'm one of those folks who are disturbed by the infamous Noise of the Russian Heir through the hollow frame/headgear. I understand that the N30i is, in a way, an improved (and slightly quieter) Dreamwear from a different manufacturer, which is great and I'm in favor of that in principle, but I'm happy enough with the Brevida.

I'll be somewhat more interested in the P20 if and when that appears, but maybe not enough to buy one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought it and tried it for a few weeks.
I love the DW cushion mask and thought I would give this one a whirl because it looked like a version of DW, only better.

Well, not for me it isn't.

What I don't like about the N30i is the design of the cushion with the divider portion in the middle. I find myself constantly adjusting the mask to fit because of this,  and I wake up with a sore nose most mornings. So another mask bites the dust and it is back to the DW which is by far the best mask yet for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
No because I have no issues with my dreamwear, switching from mouth to nasal and back is a feature I love on the dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s not for me, I love my P10 too much with its minimal headgear, the multiple straps don’t appeal
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding thus far. I'm trying to get a feel for what is thought on this mask, things that maybe don't fit with mask reviews.

FWIW any thoughts on if supposing the mask could make a decent transition from FFM to other? Personal reviews seem split on whether to get or not. As well would be most anything else.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, this mask is more stable than the DreamWear. I can toss and turn without it dislodging. I think it would be awesome if they had a full face mask version. There was a link to the patent for the N30i and it mentions multiple mask types including a full face mask option, but don’t know whether that is in the works or not. I love the F30 from ResMed but I don’t like the attachment at the nose, so I use the N30i and mouth tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, my P10 works too well. No need for a different mask.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,543 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 341 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 506 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.