Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you getting the N30i mask or not? Include a short WHY.
This poll is closed.
YES
62.07%
18 62.07%
NO
37.93%
11 37.93%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask
RE: Poll on ResMed N30i mask
I'm content with my AirFit F20. Then again, that's the only one I've ever used. I'm a mouth-breather and can't stand the thought of having air forced up my nose.  Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I plan to buy one of these masks in the near future. I have the DreamWear and my only complaint with it is being able to keep a seal with it. From others comments/reviews it sounds like this mask has it all; is comfy, has the hose attachment at the top of the head with a quick release and is said to stay pretty secure on people's nose even when rolling over in bed. Unfortunately for me, all CPAP purchases are out of pocket as I reached my private insurance lifetime cap a few years ago.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
In response to my "Yes" answer on the poll. The Respironics DreamWear was comfortable but leaked when I slept on my side. Therefore, it appears that the N30i may have a stronger construction that will work well for side-sleepers. You takes your money and your chances.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought it because I was curious.  I’ve only used the p10 mask and wanted to see how I’d like one with the hose attachment on top.
I find it very noisy compared with the P10 and it frequently slides away from my nose when I’m turning.  I’m a side sleeper.  It also seems to press against my nose uncomfortably.  I don’t sleep well with it and then when i switch back to the P10, which is so much more comfortable. 
Since I  spent 139 Canadian dollars for it, I want to get my money’s worth, but I’m not loving it.  And, my insurance doesn’t want to pay for it, either.
Post Reply Post Reply
No. I have been using the Dreamwear Nasal cushion and I'm not having any problems with mask fit and I'm pretty happy with it. It could be a little noisy but from reports the N30i seems to be to. There are also reports that N30i causes a bit irritation in the nose. I also like the interchangeable options of the Dreamwear that is is not currently available in the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the N30i on Thursday...by far, my favorite mask out of all of the ones i've tried. I was swapping back and forth between the Resmed N20 and the Phillips Dreamwear...i liked the dreamwear...but in my opinion, the N30i is so much better...the fit, and the comfort. I like the rigid nose brace with the soft cushion...it doesn't slip side to side when I lay on my side....the frame is much more comfortable and it is quiet. I like the the typical Resmed quick disconnect elbow on top. This is my new nightly mask.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
No, this is a nasal-only mask and I need a full face mask due to my higher than normal pressure requirements.  I have tried a nasal mask with my mouth taped shut, but that was a disaster.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm planning to try it. I use the Dreamwear now, which works quite well for me, except that it tends to blow air into my eyes if I don't have it positioned perfectly. I'm kind of prone to dry eyes already, and this is probably making it worse. So I'm hoping the N30i will seal better but be just as comfortable and effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsdown 
I bought the N30i, tried it on one night and I'm returning it.  I have only ever tried the ResMed P10 for Her and thought I'd like the top hose of the N30i.   I found the N30i very uncomfortable on my cheeks and under the nose, and it is also very noisy.  I tried to get to sleep for over 2 hours (usually takes me less than 30 minutes) and gave up, put my P10 back on and fell asleep instantly.  I have a Dreamstation CPAP Auto, and the noise coming out of this mask was very annoying.   I also felt like it was making me breathe much too fast.  Sending it back today, thankfully where I bought it online will take it back for a refund.

If you can't tolerate noise, don't buy this mask, especially if you sleep on your stomach or side.  Just my experience.  Good luck with the elusive search for comfort and sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a mouth breather and the tongue trick has not worked consistently for me. I find taping unappealing and find the F20 to be very comfortable.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,880 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 405 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,797 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 406 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 368 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 553 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.