Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Who Gets My Dx OSA?
Who Gets My Dx OSA?
I wear a MedicAlert bracelet for emergencies. In my medical profile I listed that I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. On an update review, I notice that they listed my Rx BiPAP and its serial number. I don't recall giving that information to MedicAlert.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Who Gets My Dx OSA?
I believe the State California has a prescription database. Unless you opt out, your info is included.
It's supposed to help healthcare providers treat you. I am not aware that MedicAlert has access. But, they may.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'm not really worried. It's not like someone is hunting me down to try to murder me by stopping my BiPAP in my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get some of the over the top security consciousness we have these days. It's like "Well, Mr. Retired_Guy, before we proceed with your brain surgery we have to make sure it's really you." Yeah. Like there are tons of people out there wanting to steal my brain surgery. Frankly, the wouldn't have to steal it. Just ask nicely and I would give it to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 11:49 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I don't get some of the over the top security consciousness we have these days. It's like "Well, Mr. Retired_Guy, before we proceed with your brain surgery we have to make sure it's really you." Yeah. Like there are tons of people out there wanting to steal my brain surgery. Frankly, the wouldn't have to steal it. Just ask nicely and I would give it to them.

I think the reason for all the identity checks is to prevent them from performing your brain surgery on Mr Working_Guy by mistake. I'm all for it.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, we cannot permit them to ruin the brain of the last working person in the USA.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
New crime novel title! "The Cali BiPap Murder; It will take your breath away! "
Post Reply Post Reply
You made me curious so I looked mine up. I have my CPAP listed as a medical device and OSA is listed as one of my conditions. But the info on my machine (other than what I already put in) isn't there.

Maybe the aliens are saving you for later and needed to make some notes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.