Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Wisp nasal mask
RE: Respironics Wisp nasal mask
(04-09-2013, 02:45 PM)grumpycat Wrote: So, I received my Wisp on 3/22 with silicone nose mask. Very satisfied with it, except that I find that if you move around (from supine to side) the mask shifts and causes leaks. Can read in bed with this mask which is a great plus (I wear glasses).
However, on 4/8 one of the pieces of fabric-covered plastic hook holders broke. DME is sending new headgear. Disappointed in that, but ok with everything else.

I have the same problem shifting from side to side, and sometimes to my back. And when my first Wisp broke it was at exactly the same place as yours - at the plastic hook holder. I discovered that I don't really need to snap it in and out; I can just pull it over my head as one piece. But then the second one broke at one of the top adjustable straps. Sad

I should have mentioned that all the cushions are silicone. But there is now a silicone headgear as well. That's the one that I'm hoping will stop the breakage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi and welcome to another Wisp user.

I have had a devil of a time with leaks, although the Wisp is better than some of the other nine masks I have used over the past year.

I learned here that liners can help with leaks, but at first they made no difference to me. Then a rep at RemZzz told me to double up the liners and use water-based medical jelly (e.g., KY brand) between the liner and the cushion, and between the two liners, with oil-based face cream around my nose. That got my leaks under control, although I found better results using the same technique with the Quietus liners.

Right now I am experimenting making my own liners because the Quietus liners are 21.99 for ten, and the RemZzz liners are even more. At two per night that adds up pretty fast. I took one of the Quietus liners to a fabric store and bought some fabric that looked pretty much the same. So far my homemade liners are not working as well as the real thing, but I have been trying for only a few days so far.

Keep working on those leaks and post back if you have any breakthroughs. Smile
[/quote]

Hi JJJ,

I think you might try going up one size. My nose fits the s/m cushion but I use the L mask cushion and it works with the most minimal leaks compared to the two other masks I've tried. AHI 0.3....Try it J..hope it works for you

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 09:50 PM)John J Wrote: I think you might try going up one size. My nose fits the s/m cushion but I use the L mask cushion and it works with the most minimal leaks compared to the two other masks I've tried. AHI 0.3....Try it J..hope it works for you

I solved the leak problem, and without using liners at all. I needed to tighten up the straps a lot and make sure the top strap is actually on top of my head and not at a 45 degree angle toward the back of my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got both the fabric and silicone versions, and, while the fabric one is more comfortable to a point, I love the silicone one so much more...it fits much better, and it just feels better overall.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 997 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,862 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 168 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,259 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,377 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 272 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 865 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.