Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Progress Impasse
RE: CPAP Progress Impasse
I keep seeing the term FLEX and/or FLEX MODE being used quite often. I don't have a clue as to what that means. And now of course, I'm curious. 

Could someone school me on the term(s) and what it means or refers to? It would be most appreciated!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy,

Flex is the term used by Phillips Respironics to denote their exhalation relief system. The pressure is reduced by a certain amount on exhalation depending on the flex setting. It makes it "easier" to exhale, and/or reduces the sensation of suffocation, especially for those of us who are less acclimated to the CPAP. I'm sure someone else can give a more in-depth explanation!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2019, 08:39 PM)MickTravis Wrote: Big Guy,

Flex is the term used by Phillips Respironics to denote their exhalation relief system. The pressure is reduced by a certain amount on exhalation depending on the flex setting. It makes it "easier" to exhale, and/or reduces the sensation of suffocation, especially for those of us who are less acclimated to the CPAP. I'm sure someone else can give a more in-depth explanation!

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. Does that relate to my machine as well, or is it a Respironics thing only?
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Resmed machine, it would be similar to EPR. They don’t quite work the same way, but the concept is the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 341 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 459 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,773 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,081 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,183 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92
  Can someone look at my 45 day APAP progress data? Catherine416 4 847 01-26-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.