Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Question
RE: CPAP Question
Understood. Thank you for  your help and to everyone else. I'm going to download OSCAR as well and post my results for y'all to take a look at!
Post Reply Post Reply
Associate, I would really like to see you download and install the OSCAR software https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR . It gives you the kind of details to know if you are having leak problems or not. With positive pressure therapy, many people find they no longer breath through the mouth. It is really better if you can become a nasal breather. As far as masks go, the nasal pillows mask apply pressure directly to the nares and is the most minimal mask to wear. This makes it easier to seal, and the only leaks that might occur will be if you open your mouth.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I just downloaded OSCAR to my mac so I will pick up an SD card and import results tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to grab an SD card. But my doctor ended up giving me a loaner mask. They gave me a Resmed P30i. Excited to try it with my chin strap tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was talking to my dad today who also has sleep apnea (for 30 years) and he mentioned Inspire. Do any of you guys have an opinion on Inspire and surgery? Sounds more ideal than wearing a mask for the rest of my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 08:34 PM)associate123 Wrote: I was talking to my dad today who also has sleep apnea (for 30 years) and he mentioned Inspire. Do any of you guys have an opinion on Inspire and surgery? Sounds more ideal than wearing a mask for the rest of my life.

If you use the forum's search, top of page, and use any of the following terms, Inspire, implant, or "Inspire implant", you will get back over 200 posts on the subject. Also, the implant only delays, at best, the need for CPAP therapy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 08:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 08:34 PM)associate123 Wrote: I was talking to my dad today who also has sleep apnea (for 30 years) and he mentioned Inspire. Do any of you guys have an opinion on Inspire and surgery? Sounds more ideal than wearing a mask for the rest of my life.

If you use the forum's search, top of page, and use any of the following terms, Inspire, implant, or "Inspire implant", you will get back over 200 posts on the subject.  Also, the implant only delays, at best, the need for CPAP therapy.

Will do. I purchased an SD card and downloaded OSCAR so I will upload my first week's results tomorrow! Appreciate all the help and responses thus far!
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not familiar with current nasal masks, but the Mirage FX is an older mask. There has to be a better mask available today.

Since you are a mouth breather, there are hybrid masks like the F30 and DreamWear that might serve you better without going completely FF.

I tried both, did part of my ASV titration with the DreamWear, I just couldn’t get used to the direct air up my nose nor the upward pressure of the mask on my nose.

But I’ve been using a FFM since the early 2000’s, mouth breather, so the latest FFMs are super comfortable to me. I added a cervical collar 5 years ago and that does help with breathing through my nose, but I still use a FFM with it.

John

Added: Just a guess, but Apria probably just gave you a mask that was cheaper for them.
Post Reply Post Reply

The efficacy of Inspire makes it appropriate for mild and moderate obstructive sleep apnea.  It is about a 60% solution that reduces, but does not resolve AHI to less than 5 in most cases.  We have had members that liked it and other that found it disruptive and uncomfortable.  If you consider that Inspire works by stimulating the muscles behind the soft palate in the throat, it potentially resolves only one mechanism of obstructive apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Attached I believe is the OSCAR data. I've used the machine now six or so nights. The first two nights were with a nasal mask, and the rest were with pillows. Additionally, the night of 11-8 I went to bed pretty intoxicated as an FYI.
If there is another report I should be including, please let me know!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,008 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 317 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 522 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 1,025 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 685 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 669 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,220 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.