Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Question
RE: CPAP Question
That is the summary data that the docs get. It says that your numbers are getting progressively worse.  We prefer to see the daily chart including events. flow rate, flow limits, pressure, leak rate, and snores.  This let's us see what is going on and thus suggests ways to correct issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried to upload the daily charts however the PDF is too large. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
should be a jpg???
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Instructions for posting the Daily Detail chart is in my signature. Usually it's just a F12 function, then retrieve the PNG file form My Documents/Oscar_Data/Screenshots. The chart in default form gives us a lot of really valuable information on respiration, machine settings and of course the Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations, Leaks and Snores on the charts. Based on your posted report, it appears you are using Autoset mode with a pressure range of Min 5.0, Max pressure 10.0 and EPR 2.0. This means you start at 5.0/4.0 (IPAP/EPAP) and can get up to 10/8.

The first part of the night shows a lot of large leaks and pressure does not change and events are not recorded. The two later sessons are 1 to 1-1/2 hours each, and we see a lot of pressure increase and mostly CA events. This is not a great result, and we really need to get the leaks under control and see the daily detail chart to undersatnd what is going on. My impressio is that you need to turn off EPR or reduce it to 1. The pressure settings are failrly low and the results suggest treatment emergent central apnea. Did you have a titration test?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 08:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Instructions for posting the Daily Detail chart is in my signature.  Usually it's just a F12 function, then retrieve the PNG file form My Documents/Oscar_Data/Screenshots.  The chart in default form gives us a lot of really valuable information on respiration, machine settings and of course the Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations, Leaks and Snores on the charts.  Based on your posted report, it appears you are using Autoset mode with a pressure range of Min 5.0,  Max pressure 10.0 and EPR 2.0.  This means you start at 5.0/4.0 (IPAP/EPAP) and can get up to 10/8.

The first part of the night shows a lot of large leaks and pressure does not change and events are not recorded.  The two later sessons are 1 to 1-1/2 hours each, and we see a lot of pressure increase and mostly CA events.  This is not a great result, and we really need to get the leaks under control and see the daily detail chart to undersatnd what is going on.  My impressio is that you need to turn off EPR or reduce it to 1.  The pressure settings are failrly low and the results suggest treatment emergent central apnea.  Did you have  a titration test?

Thank you for your response. Last night did not go so well. My mask came off several times. Tonight, I will use my original face mask + my chin strap as that has been the best for me (although not comfortable). I will then post my results tomorrow using your instructions.
As far as a titration test, no I did not have one done.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see the leaks resolved, but since you did not have a titration test, the problem with central apnea is unknown to your care team. If the CA events continue, you will need to have a titration so they can see these central apena. There are three alternative treatment approaches for treatment onset CA.
1. wait and see if it self-resolves with leak improvement and reduced EPR
2. ASV (not likely at this point)
3. EERS (no one actually knows about this, but we have a wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel much better this morning. Attached is from last night. Please let me know your thoughts!  Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The lower EPR worked great. This looks like it should continue to improve and not be a problem. You have flow limitations that cause your machine to increase pressure to the maximum from time to time. To reduce the variations in pressure, I think a minimum pressure of 6.0 and maximum of 10.0 may be more comfortable. Congrats on getting the leaks under control.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how to adjust the EPR, so I guess the machine did it itself?
Also, as for the variations in pressure, I will definitely do that. My girlfriend is in town which is nice because she can observe me and she said last night I seemed to sleep pretty well but she said there were several times when the machine started really pushing air. Is that because of the pressure setting up to 12?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,187 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.