Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Question
RE: CPAP Question
Thanks guys. I can't seem to wear the soft cervical collar.. While I dislike wearing the chin strap, it tends to give me the best results so I will likely stick with that + the nasal mask, unless I try a FFM soon.

Random question. My insurance (cigna Ppo) approved a 3month rental of my unit, but I just received a bill for $420.. CareCentrix is closed but I'm curious if they are trying to charge me for the rental, or if this is the amount I owe if I keep it (although it says its due by next month). Any ideas? I'll call tomorrow but just wondering how you guys handled payment and whatnot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you can buy a new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset form Supplier #33 for $650, it better be the whole cost of your deductibles and copay. You should call to confirm, and if additional bills will be due, consider your options. The problem is, for most people, insurance resets in January and you start all over with deductibles. If this is a routine bill on a 13 month rental you need to consider self-pay. The insurance companies have gotten very good at transferring the whole cost of CPAP therapy to the patient, and in some cases making it a profit center. Most likely you satisfied your compliance requirement and this is the full cost of your machine rental/purchase and initial supplies after 3-months.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And if you do go self-pay there is always the lower cost aftermarket.  

I just opened the Chicago view of Craigslist and searched for "Resmed"  

At the top of the list is an Autoset 10 with 1200 hours (6 months use) for $150.  

Below that two more Autosets, one for $275 and one for $295.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I recently flew home to quarantine with my family and my Airsense's settings seem to be different and I cannot figure out how to change it. Prior to me taking the machine on my flight. I used the ramp and would fall asleep with the cpap seemingly off (very little pressure - which I like). However now, the lowest my ramp goes is a pressure of 4. Same with overall pressure (4-12).
Unless I'm going crazy, I could've sworn my pressure was 2-12. I went through both the normal settings as well as the clinical settings and cannot seem to make this change. Additionally, called my doc and the cpap department is closed.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The lowest pressure your unit will go is 4 cm H2O.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2020, 11:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The lowest pressure your unit will go is 4 cm H2O.

Weird. I definitely didn't notice this the past few months. lol. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, I’ve been on the CPAP at least six months now. I have another question and figured I’d continue this thread rather than start a new one.
The last month or two, after taking off my full face mask in the morning my breathing seems odd (maybe shallow?) I’m not sure how to describe it. I researched it a little and per a forum, read to take off the mask and lay in bed a few minutes after usage before getting up. Typically it goes away by about midday but wondering if this is a normal side effect or if I should contact my PCP. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP system increases the efficiency of your breathing while using it, and while using it makes it easier to breathe because of the pressure. After effects should not last for hours, a few minutes yes. Since we would have no data to see what is happening seeing your PCP. He could arrange for monitoring your vitals for a 24 hr period and maybe see what is happening. IMHO you would have to monitor through your waking until the issue was no longer evident, then sufficiently long to show normal daytime wakefulness.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you but it is normal for a few minutes... if I lay in bed and breathe without the mask for 5-10 mins by the time I get up and shower my breathing returns to normal. The times when I do not do that, the symptoms persists for a couple hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got another question for the guys here! Been on CPAP therapy about 10 months and it’s been great except the last month.. I got a climaline to avoid rainout about 3 weeks ago and might’ve screwed up my settings.. the last month, I’ve felt worse than I did prior to CPAP therapy so something is definitely off. Unfortunately I don’t have my data card in the machine so I can’t post Oscar results. But I did post results early on in this thread.
Currently my settings are below:
Climate control: auto
Mode: auto set
Max p: 12
Min p: 4
Full face mask
Response: soft
Ramp: 45min
Start p: 4
epr: on
Epr type: ramp only
Epr level: 1
Tube temp: auto

I’m currently scheduling a doc appointment to review what has changed but looking at the resmed high level data my events per hour have been abnormally high the last month.
Any quick settings suggestions You think I should try before my doc appointment? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 290 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,184 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.